cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB12 transaction not showing Archiving directory status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the DB12 transaction. In this transaction, there is a button which shows the archiving directory status. For some reason in my newly build QA system, this button shows Unknown when i try to retrieve the free space. I observed this calls SAPOSCOL and it is running in that server. And the standard SAP jobs for SAP_PERF_Collector and Job Statistics jobs are scheduled and running. How does this free space in archiving directory gets displayed? Amy help would be greatly appreciated with points.

Thanks,

Basis learner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the SAP Standard note 199586 for this.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin and Samrat,

Thanks for guiding me towards the target solution. In my case, the directory status was not displayed because it was owned by SIDADM as opposed to root. I changed the permission and did a stop and start of the SAPOSCOL, it started working. Thanks a lot for all your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

similar issue was already answered please go through the link

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the Database Host and directory point to the correct place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the env variables are set correctly. I checked the initSID.ora as well. Please let me know where else I can check to make sure the directory it is pointed is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the /oracle/SID/saparch should be a file system or can it be a subdirectory under /oracle/SID file system? The SAPOSCOL for some reason does not get the free space available? The only difference is currently saparch is the sub directory and not a file system of its own? Please let me know if that makes any difference.