cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up of ITS debugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know, how to set up the debugging in external ITS 6.2 version.

Regards

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I am not able to start the Admin service. Also, i got some suggestions as to start a debugging service. Please suggest me.

As i remember, i have done once the setting a new entry in SAP Logon Pad.

With regards

Satya

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Debugging ITS via SAP Logon Pad ??? I am not aware of that, please also let me if you find a way to debug ITS from SAP Logon Pad.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On help.sap.com I checked and found this:

<i>ITS Debugger Topic

To analyze errors in R/3 transactions called from a Web browser, the Internet Transaction Server (ITS) provides a special debugging tool. The ITS debugger is a separate debugging tool, but rather an integration of existing SAP debugging functionality into the ITS.

This integration is possible because Web transactions are implemented on the R/3 side using the ABAP Workbench, and differ only slightly from standard R/3 transactions. For example, Web transactions do not use some of the screen elements allowed in standard R/3 screens. Also, special dialog control rules must be observed when programming Web transactions.

When you create an ITS service, the ITS creates an HTML template for each R/3 screen. These templates control how the contents of R/3 fields are converted to HTML and determine how user entries are transferred from the Web browser to R/3 screen fields. The ITS debugger allows you to monitor this transfer, both in the HTML page, and in the R/3 System.

To debug a Web transaction, you log on to the ITS using the SAPGUI. The ITS debugger then displays the status of your transaction simultaneously in a SAPgui window, and in the Web browser. This way, you can determine whether a Web browser action has produced the desired result in the SAPgui.

Leaving content frame.

</i>

Maybe you are refering to the last paragraph.