cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with reading file from Third Party system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am configuring a CSV to File scenario. The file is placed under acertain directory in a third party system. The problem is: My communication channels are showing a red status under RWB->Adapter Monitoring. I was first using File System(NFS), then I got a hint from searching SDN that I must be using FTP. When I tried using FTP, I still got an error stating: "<b>Error connecting to ftp server '<i><IP address of third party system></i>: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect</b>". Now I am trying to read the files from the my local machine and am getting the following error: "<b>Retrieving file <i><file-name></i> failed unexpectedly with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Access denied</b>." What are the possible reasons for this errors and what is the way around it? Also, are there any special permission related issues regarding reading a file? What are those?

Awaiting your views,

Withe sincere regards,

Amitabha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if u can access that folder with the username and password u have given in the file sender communication channel.

The error you are getting might be due the fact that ur user name does not have read access to that folder and file.

So first check permissions for ur user.

Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

The firewall was preventing XI from connecting to the 3rd Party system where the FTP server was running. Thanks for all your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Amitabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabha,

check the permission on the FTP folder.

May be this weblog is usefull.

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang came a File Adapter, Mr. 'FTP' and Rest of the Gang</a>

Hope this help

Francesco

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

- you can use NFS (if the file is accesible from the XI server)

via shared folder

- you can use FTP but your XI server must be able to log on to this FTP server

- if you use FTP from your local machine the same applies

(your XI server must be able to log on to this FTP)

so try checking firewall settings and connection with your admins first to find out if someone

can log on from the XI server machine to your FTP servers

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>