cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing host name of JDI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

during installation of JDI I used ip-addresses as host names for defining the domain host, the SLD server in domain definition, the dtr server URL in track definition, the CBS server URL in track definition.

I know that one shouldn´t use ip-addresses at all but we did have some trouble with the network infrastructure (DNS-Server, ...) at the beginning and the start of the project couldn´t be delayed.

Now, for any reason, the network department gave our server a new ip-address.

I then opened the CMS configuration tool and tried to change the host names (this time not to ip-addresses because DNS-Server works properly in the meantime).

Changing domain data is no problem. But when I try to save the changes of my track(s) I get an error message that says I should contact my administrator. I am the administrator

My Questions:

How is it possible to change the host names of JDI tracks?

What is to do at client side? There are already some developers working with the dev. configurations. Is it sufficient to change the according entries in the .confdef file or do the clients have to donwload the new dev. configuration from CMS host?

Thanks in advance

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

it should be possible to change the host names for tracks. You can get more error message details in the trace file of the Engine. To do so connect to your engine with the J2EE Administration Tool and check the defaultTrace.trc File in the Log Viewer.

For more details how to find this trace information have look into the Change Management Server Problem Analysis Scenarios (Link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/81/4bce4016d28031e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm). In the first Scenario Incorrect Initial CMS Configuration you can also find the general information how to read and find the CMS trace files.

Please open a CSN message for the component BS-CTS-CMS if can not find the reason for the error message or if it is real problem in CMS.

Best Regards, Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

about the client side: here I am afraid you have to check-in all the work into DTR and remove the old configuration from Developer Studio. Then you have to download the new configuration from CMS. Please do not try to make manual changes in the configuration files. The .confdef file is not the only place where the DTR URL leaves it's trace and some files are even binary files. You will end up with an inconsistent state if you change some files manually.

Best Regards

Wolfram