cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from XI3.0 PI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

How do I migrate users from XI3.0 to PI7.0? We are thinking about moving users from Xi3.0 to PI 7.0 and start using PI7.0. Also, all the objects from IR, ID, SLD need to be moved.

Can you please tell me how?

Regards,

N.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the other response , it is prefer to look into Upgrade guide also-

This you can find - https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/instguides >SAP NetWeaver->Release 2004S

Regd. IR,ID obejcts, you can transport the objects.. but i think if you are doing system copy, you can copy those also .. then no need of transporting..

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Good to hear from you again. Is it possible to talk to you? I believe you are in U.S, correct?

Regards,

N.S

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to hear from you too..

Yes, I am in US.. You can send me a mail to my personal id , which is there in my business card..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moorthy.

I have one more issue now.

I am trying to connect ECC6 to PI7. While setting up the RFC from ECC to PI7, the test connection is successfull and authorization is not successfull. I have verified the username, password(case sensitive issues), client. I can login to GUI with this user. But RFC authorization fails. Error message " Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon):

When I change the security option to trusted system -> yes, I get the error "You are not authorized to logon to the target system (error code 1)."

Any idea moorthy.

Thanks again.

N.S

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of RFC connection did u do ?

Check out Case sesitiveness.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I am using a connection Type "3" which is a R/3 connection.I have verifed the username and passwords too many times. This ECC server used to connect to XI 3.0 without any issues. Now the problem with ECC to PI7.0.

Regards,

N.S

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go with Trusted System option No and check out again..

Hope you have used all client information etc correct..

Give USERNAME in caps and check it out

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set both usernanme and passoword in upper case in SM59 in XI.

Than set also the password in uppercase in the backend.

Regards,

Sandro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The more clean solution is to "clone" the esisting XI 3.0 with following the document <a href="http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Operation/SystemContentCopy.pdf">SAP NetWeaver 04 System Content Cosy Guide</a> than upgrade the system to PI 7.0 with the standard upgrade procudure.

In this way you will find all the contentes, all the users and all the settings avoiding the need of transports

The other solution could be:

1) cleate the PI7.0 system in the old SLD.

2) set the transport targhts of all business system for the new PI7.0

3) export from old and import into new SLD the SLD content

4) export from XI30 and import into PI7.0 the Repository Content

5) export from XI30 and import into PI7.0 the Directory Content

Regards, and Happy New Year

Sandro

Regards

Sandro