cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/Copy a Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to copy a standard transaction of SRM in Z namespace and make some logical changes in it. To be able to use this transaction from web, I need to create a new service in Z namespace as well. I tried creating a new service in SICF by copying the standards characteristics, but the service does not work.

A communication failure error is given.

Please correct me if wrong. Can i use the standard ITS service to call my Zprgram??

Regards

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first you have to create a internet service in Se80 for your transaction an publish to site INTERNAL.

and then create the same in SCIF. the possible cause of communication error could be that in the service in sicf , handler is not maintained.

double click on the service in sicf, go to handler list tab and add class "CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS" now activate the service and try again.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

This has already been done. And the class 'CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS' has already been added. However upon testing the service in SICF that this error is given

The following error text was processed in the system ABCD3 : Communication failure

The error occurred on the application server ABCD and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: IMC_CANCEL_TX

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS===============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

What could be wrong??

Regards.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you simply call the new Ztransaction using WEBGUI service and check whether you are faced with similar problem

/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=<Ztransaction>

Raja

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also check in SICF wherther for your service GUI Link is set to Y (yes)

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes I can call the transaction using WebGUI and changed the option for GUI link to 'YES'. Now I have another error. Template interpretation failed, template does not exist.

I have checked the template and it's published.

Suggestions??

Where can I read more about ITS to resolve this problem. To me compying the service should have been an easy task. I don't know why it won't work.

Thanks.

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Please refer to the thread :

In the settings of the service(in SICF), try adding ~sources parameter and template name as value for this parameter.

Regards,

Krishna

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may have created all the templates for your screens, but still if you are getting the "template interpretation failed" error, that means system is generating some unexpected screens, something like abort message, info message, etc. to avoid this add parameter ~generatedynpro = 1 to your service

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

I tried what you advised. It still did not work. Actually, I tested by making another copy of the program, without makin' any changes. And I modifed the standard tcode by replacing the standard program name with mine. The service is still the standard.

Even then, the webscreen is not rendered and same error is raised.

Thanks.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this thread

Regards

Raja

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

The same error even after adding "~generatedynpro 1" to the Z* service in SICF? That should at least give you an error message in a webgui template.

Edgar