cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform - page break in table for Multiple line type (urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using table in main window. Each record is displayed in 6 lines. Each line having different line type. During page break all the 6 lines should be displayed on a single page. I tried using paragraph format (with page protection) assigning to all the fields in the table. It is not working. I thought of creating folder inside the table and move all the fields. But the page protection check box of folder is deactivated. Currently we are using 4.6c.

Please give suggestion to proceed further. Its a bit urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RAMESH...

u can achive this using the Folder... have u tried this as ur post u have mentioned that "I thought of creating folder inside the table and move all the fields. But the page protection check box of folder is deactivated"...

Create forlder-->insert all the line type in that folder... mention the Minimum height as 3 Cm if u feel 00.5Cm is enough for one line... definatly ur problem will be solved.. i use the same when i requere..

<b>if u use the Folder option u no need to tick the PAGE PROTECTION... instead give the minimum size</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm facing the same problem except that I'm luckier than you: I have 7 lines but only 2 line

types. After discussing with the customer, it is the most important to keep all lines in the same page. So I took the work around as follows:

1. Define as many cells as possible according to the same field position in different lines.

2. Then use tabs to locate the fields in a cell. Tab position should be defined in paragraph

format.

Hope this could help.

Nuno.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition:

Finally use only one line type for your table.

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Could you please explain briefly about the points you specified. How to create tabs and how it is useful. And also explain the 1st point you specified.

Thank you.

Ramesh

marius_greeff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a folder and move all the lines into this folder. Under the folder output options tab you can set the page protection. This is just an idea not sure if it will work. I will continue to look for other solutions, simply because I also had the same problem once.

Regards,

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently i am using Table to display the data. So even if i create folder , page protection will be disabled.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Did you copied SAP standard smartform into a Zsmartform? What you need to do is right click and create another table node. whatever folder you create inside this new table node will have the page protection enabled. So you need to somehow move all your nodes/folders/subfolders from old table node to this new table node and proceed with your work. The reason being SAP standard smartform will have a very very old table node and no page protection is possible or is disabled. I hope your version can achieve this. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When you define your Line type you can set 'No page break' checkbox. This will keep all the cells of a line on one page. If one of the cells contains more text that can fit into one page, then the system will wrap it to the next page.

If you are using 4.6 you might need to have a look at the following OSS notes: 535854, 562633, 614146, 634850, 754004, 733842 and all the associated notes. These are to fix some problems with page breaks in Smartforms.

this infm i got from my friend .hope this is useful to u also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durgaprasad,

I set 'No page break' for all line types. As you specified this will keep all the cells of a line on one page. But i am having 6 line types. i want all the lines to be displayed on 1 page. I think you got my point.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Please suggest to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

please refer to the OSS notes to have better idea on sfs in 4.6 version .i am really not aware of the version .im working on ecc 5.0