cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization error in win32 client : java.io.IOException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error while trying to download data into the client (win32 machine)

20061226 23:12:40:474] E [MI/Sync ] Exception while synchronizing via http

com.sap.ip.me.api.services.HttpConnectionException: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?sysid=dmi&client=100&~language=EN&ACKNOWLEDGE=X&)

Data is available in the MI middleware for the user and i see them in the O-waiting status using the transaction MEREP_MON on the ABAP side of MI. The user has all the neccessary authorizations(Including RFC) as well. I have also applied OSS note Note 1001292 - Synchronization failed and Device ID not generated. We are are MI 7.0 SPS10.

Any help in identifying and resolving the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhan

From what i understand from this post is that the application data is not getting downloaded to the client from the server and the data is in O-waiting in the middleware. One possibile reason for this is because of time out in the ABAP Sync Service. There is a parameter named <i><b>icm/keep_alive_timeout</b></i> which indicates the time between the last successful query and the termination of connection. The default value for his parameter is 60 seconds. Increasing this value to a higher value (preferably in minutes, depending on your landscape and amount of data) will definitely help. You can probably set the value of this parameter to around 10 mins.

Go to transaction RZ11 and enter the above parameter name to display the current setting. Inorder to change the default value, please refer to note 824554 which describes this in detail

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivakumar,

I wasnt able to edit that parameter using RZ11,hence i had increased the same at the active HTTP service , transaction smicm ,(Keep alive timeout parameter) to 900. I was hoping that would suffice.

I did get a warning that the value would be reset whenver the J2EE engine would be re-started.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimkan,

That is right, you get the warning and you have to restart to apply the setting. We also had this problem, and we solved it the same way.

Let me know the results.

Bart Elshout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bart / Siva,

The issue was with the PROCTIMEOUT value that we had set for the http port.The sync being of type ABAP, I was able to see the program execution in MI ABAP client using SM59 (During synchronisation) and the dialog process was dying excatly after the time interval specified for the PROCTIMEOUT parameter.

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP, PORT=8001, TIMEOUT=900, PROCTIMEOUT=120

Once i had increased the value of the Proctimeout in the ICM for that port to 180, the data was downloaded to the client.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Answers (0)