cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is runMode and runAction in instance.properties?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

Currently, i'm using WAS J2EE 6.40 SP10.

In the file /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance ID>/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties, the following parameters exist.

-

instance.runAction=NONE

instance.runMode=NORMAL

-

What are these parameters and what other values are available for these parameters?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

If upgrading with the SP13 package, open the sapinst installer and you will eventually get an option to set the CI in safe mode while installing. Once it is installed you can then use the below path to enable or disable safe mode.

viliana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sejoon,

These properties currently (in your version) have no direct impact on the J2EE Engine runtime. They are first steps in implementing a safe mode concept for the J2EE Engine.

runMode will determine the mode in which the Engine will run, and runAction - a corresponding action which the Engine will perform during startup.

Best regards,

Viliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the upgrade of PORTAL PLATFORM 6.0 640 to SP13, it is required to make sure that the j2ee engine is running in safe mode.

Has someone encountered this before, and if so, can someone explain to set the safe mode?

Regards,

-Chung.

viliana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chung,

Use the Config Tool. Choose File -> Safe Mode -> Safe Mode Enabled -> Yes. Save your settings and restart.

Best regards,

Viliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Viliana,

I finally found where to get this "safe mode" activated!

Cheers,

Xavier Vermaut

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you post the path because I don't find it in the ConfigTools -> File -> Safe Mode -> Safe Mode Enabled

I am in SP11.

Thanks

Regards,

Chris

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I find it.

If you haven't the SP13, the safe mode is proposed by the installer Else follow the link post by Viliana Encheva.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am on SP12, Yes I do know that during the installation of SP13 it asks for switching to safe more. But I am more concerned about what is this safe mode all about. Can somebody pls let me know why is this new run mode introduced and what is its significance.

Regards,

Naresh