cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local PO created in classic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're on SRM 5.0 and we try to create a PO from an accepted bid.

For some reason however if the subtype of the external req. SC, from which the Bid Invitation was created, is DP (direct procurement) a Local PO is created insteed of a backend PO even though we use the classic scenario.

Did anyone else encounter this problem ?

kind regards

Pieter Serruys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check the foll setting in SPRO:

SRM server>Cross application settings>Define objects in the backend system.

Also,when creating PO from BID,you can define the system where you want to create the follow on doc to be created i.e. either in SRM or R/3 through the BADi "BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS".

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customizing looks correct (both done via BADI). For free text PR it works by the way. The only thing I see is that if I transfer a PR without material to SRM, the field BE_LOG_SYSTEM is set to the R/3, if I use a material (without AccAssignment), BE_LOG_SYSTEM is set to the SRM system (?).

If I debug the creation of the PO, this field is checked to determine where the object should be created.

kind regards

Pieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nothing's wrong with your configuration. That's the standard behavior. If you create a PO for direct material, which doesn't have account assignment, it goes to EBP (local PO). But if you create PO for MRO material, which has account assignment, you'll get a backend PO. There's an exception though. If you're trying to create a PO for MRO material, but the information provided is incomplete, such as no vendor assigned, your PO will end up in EBP not backend.

Hope this help

Iqbal