cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SLG1 for Application log creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement for writing logs in SLG1 transaction. I embedded the logic for creating log in a method of a class. The method is getting called in CRM inbound proxy where I would need to make mutiple calls to this log. If I use a call more than one time, I am getting only the log for the first call. The second and the rest of the calls are not throwing any message in SLG1 but shown as greyed out. Could we not call the log SLG1 more than one time in the same application?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you have a look at my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/09/20/xi-abap-mapping-logs--more-standard-better-visibility

?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Michael. The blog explains the step for creating an application log with three messages for success, warning and error. But my requirement is to create multiple appl logs with success, error and warning in the same inbound proxy.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Anand

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why wouldn't it you just need to call the FMs twice...

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did. And found out that the second call is greyed out in Application log with no

message display underneath. Isn't that weird?

Thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Isn't that weird?

as weird as it gets

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You mentioned the logs can be turned off dynamically in your blog. Can you throw more light on it?. Do I have have to write a seperate logic in my Application to check if the On/Off indicator is set and then do the rest of the logic?

The reason is Performance. I dont want the Appilcation to log every time.

Thanks for a quick feedback.

Praveen