cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Scenario.. Help !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario, which I am not able to automate, I would like to share the same with you all, hope I will get some help to get rid of this scenario. This scenario has been unsolved for quite some time. scenario is as follows

Master data:-

There are two locations Plant (Say AUSTRALIA) and a customer (DUBAI). Each has a PPM. There are two products M_FILL_CON(Filled container) and M_EMPTY_CON(Empty Container)

The PLANT_PPM will do the filling and CUSTOMER_PPM will consume and produce the empty container. there are limited No of containers in the network.

So the Structure of the PPMs are as follows:-

PLANT_PPM :

<b>Input</b> – one unit of M_EMPTY_CON and the Material(Available at plant in unlimited amount).

<b>Output</b> – one unit of M_FILL_CON

<b>Resources</b> at plant location are available round the clock with out constrain.

CUSTOMER_PPM :

<b>Input</b> – one unit of M_FILL_CON

<b>Output</b> – one unit of M_EMPTY_CON

<b>Resources</b> at customer location are available round the clock with out constrain.

(Actually finished good is packaged in to a empty container (M_EMPTY_CON ) and delivered to customer as a finished product (M_FILL_CON), then the good will be consumed and again empty container (M_EMPTY_CON) will be generated)

It will take 7 days to transport M_FILL_CON from AUSTRALIA to DUBAI.

It will take 7 days to transport M_EMPTY_CON from DUBAI to AUSTRALIA.

It will take 7 days to produce M_FILL_CON.

It will take 7 days to produce M_EMPTY_CON.

Transactional data:-

Now I have a initial stock of 1 unit of M_EMPTY_CON at DUBAI, say at present date (X), and a demand for M_FILL_CON of 1 unit at say X22. further more you have a demand at DUBAI for M_FILL_CON on date X50, we are running SNP Optimizer and we will have a planing run for eight weeks.

Problem:-

To fulfill the requirement of M_FILL_CON on date X22 the M_EMPTY_CON moves from DUBAI to AUSTRALIA by X7 then should be get filled at Plant location (Australia)by X14 and then should be moved to DUBAI as a filled container by 22nd day. Now to replenish the demand of M_FILL_CON at X50, that M_FILL_CON should be consumed at DUBAI by X29 and then should be moved back to Australia by X36 and get should get filled by X43 and them should be shipped back to Dubai by X50. .

Because there is loop being formed (loop of in out and output product), so SNP run not producing any orders. Further more there may be more then one customer but just to simplify the scenario I am just taking only one.

Could you please help me simulate this scenario.

Best Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

By this time you must have resolve this query at your end..

Can you plese share the solution used by you

Answers (0)