cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net book value negative in area 01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some help while settling the assets.

Net book value negative in area 01

Message no. AA641

Asset affected: 000032000032-0000

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

No such checkbox found on the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

I currently do have access to the SAP system. I had a similar issue like this and it was solved with the solution i suggested.

Please refer to SAP Note 0000019048 - AA617 with credit memo on fixed asset / AuC settlement, extract is below:-

Summary

Symptom

With a fixed asset or asset under construction (AuC), the system can issue the error message AA617 #In the area xx, the acquisition value is negative# in the following cases:

1. if a credit memo should be posted to a fixed asset before an acquisition is posted.

2. if the credit memo is higher than the existing acquisition value of the fixed asset.

3. if acquisitions are posted before credit memos in the settlement of AuCs.

Other terms

KO88, CJ88, KO8G, CJ8G, AIBU

Reason and Prerequisites

In one or several depreciation areas, negative acquisition values are not allowed on fixed assets. There can actually only be negative values when an asset under construction (AuC) has already been settled and there are still subsequent credit memos to post.

In the settlement of an AuC, the acquisitions and credit memos are summarized in each case and posted to the receiver one after the other. If the acquisitions were posted first and the credit memos second, then in the settlement, after the acquisitions are transferred, only the negative credit memos remain on the asset.

Example:

The AuC has the following postings:

Asset value date Value Transaction type

Feb 1, 2003 1.000.00 Acquisition

Feb 2, 2003 100.00 Acquisition

Feb 3, 2003 -100.00 Credit memo

Feb 4, 2003 -100.00 Credit memo

Accordingly, for February 4, 2003, the AuC has a net book value of 900,00. In the settlement to the receiver(s) on February 5, 2003, the following postings are made on the AuC:

Feb 5, 2003 -1.100.00 Summary of acquisitions

Feb 5, 2003 200.00 Summary of credit memos

However, after the first posting the net book value is 900.00 + -1.100.00 = -200.00. As a result, the system generates error message AA617 if no negative values are allowed on the AuC.

Solution

Generally, negative values should always be allowed for assets under construction. You should therefore make this setting at asset class level (Transaction OAYZ).

In the asset class of the AuCs in all depreciation areas, set the 'Negative values allowed' indicator (ANLB-XNEGA). Note that this change only takes effect for fixed assets that are created after the indicator is set. For existing fixed assets, set this indicator in the detail screen of the depreciation areas in the asset master (Transaction AS02). You may have to adjust the screen layout rule to do so.

Make this setting in AS02 for relevant individual assets.

Before you set the 'Negative values allowed' indicator, consider the related Note 141656.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 22.02.2005 11:37:56

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Consulting

Primary Component: FI-AA-AA-C Transactions

Releases

Release Independant

Related Notes

604922 - AA641 with partial retirement of an asset w period weighting

141656 - Negative net book value, neg. APC, below zero depreciation

70350 - Settling credit memo in the following year of AuC

Also, please refer to SAP Note 0000141656 - Negative net book value, neg. APC, below zero depreciation.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Buddy.

It was really helpfull.

My problem is solved now.

your answer was really with full description.

Thanx again.

If dont mind,

can have your email address.

My email address is [Email removed by moderator]

I have given you full points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can get away with the error by a check in the asset master.

AS02->Choose the Asset/Company Code->GoTo Depreciation Tab-> Double click on the Book Area line-> You will find one check box - Allow Negative Values for the Asset. Save the asset and try settlement again.It should pass.

This is an asset specific configuration and please check if its ok.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No such checkbox found on the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I know you can help me with this. Could you please help?

I also get the same error - can not post negative amount to dep area 01.

I went to SPRO>Asset Accounting-->Master

Data->Define Screen layout for Dep Areas->Dep on Main Asset no

level->Go to field group rules-> Select Negative values as required

or optional and set the Negative Values to optional.

After that, when I go to OAYZ, select a asset class, select Book Dep area and go to Details, I do see 'Negative Val Allowed' box... but it's gray out. I thought maybe because the config change does not apply to exist asset class so I created a new one but the 'Negative Val Allowed' box does not even show up in the new asset class.

I must have done something wrong. Could you please help? I tried to follow the steps in your post but I did not see the box to allow negative value in AS02 depreciation area. The field is not part of the screen layout. Thanks for your help in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I got it. I just need to double-click on the book depreciation and the box to allow neg posting is there. Thanks!

sharif_shaik
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the SPRO>Asset Accounting-->Master

Data->Define Screen layout for Dep Areas->Dep on Main Asset no

level->Go to field group rules-> Select Negative values as required

or optional and set the Negative Values to optional and check the column that says class and that will enable you to check the negative value flag in the asset class config OAYZ. If you set up at the asset class level, then you don't have to double click each

depreciation area unless that asset created before asset class config change.