cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source of Flat File in a File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i was just wondering wats the source of flat files which are used in File scenarios,i know it can come from anywhere but in a real world scenario,where do we usually get these files from(is it any server?)also if anyone of u has worked on any file scenario can u please tell me where exactly u were getting this file from.

all the scenarios i have worked with i waz just placing the files on FTP but i m pretty sure in a real world scenario,there should some central repository where all these flat files come from.

please tell me from ur real world experience where u were getting the file from.

you can e-mail me at ansari.xi@gmail.com

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have worked in cases where we have a file system that is shared across all of our SAP systems, for example /depot. And there can be subfolders in there for particular scenarios. That way you can deligate permissions for each subfolder based on requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please e-mail me about your project in detail as to where u getting the information from and all the aspects,i desperately need a real world scenario for File to FIle (FCC),File to RFC and File to mail.

i would really appreciate if u can explain me in detail about the project u did.

u can e-mail me at ansari.xi@gmail.com

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i was just wondering wats the source of flat files which are used in File scenarios,i know it can come from anywhere but in a real world scenario,where do we usually get these files from(is it any server?)also if anyone of u has worked on any file scenario can u please tell me where exactly u were getting this file from.

all the scenarios i have worked with i waz just placing the files on FTP but i m pretty sure in a real world scenario,there should some central repository where all these flat files come from.

please tell me from ur real world experience where u were getting the file from.

you can e-mail me at ansari.xi@gmail.com

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a good example of how to configure a real world example of flat files:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanx

but i have been through this blog,actually i m not looking for scenario,i m looking for some real world tips as to where usually the Flat files are stored(in BW CRM WMS or where)

as i havent workd in XI i m not sure where these files are stored ,i jst want to know a little bit more about the repository for Flat files so that i wouldn't be a layman when i start working in real life.

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer for this is , it depends . I mean it depends on the Project Requirements, Organization , Company Policy etc..

So some project may implement these file servers as a part of the SAP system itself.

But many are not .. Because as per security rules, etc, there will be separate FileServer outside the SAP Landscape , but will in the same system landscape. So XI/PI will communicate this directly via FTP connections . So this folder will act as a FileServer.

for a XI developer, generally these file location informations will be given. so you need to pick or drop the files over there

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx guys