cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAR deployment problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I ve installed SAP Netweaver Developer Studio and SAP Netweaver application server to run the basic samples that are available in the example folder of Netweaver Studio.I made sure the J2EE application Server running fine by opening a welcome page.Next i opened Caculator EJB sample according to information provided in the tutorial and then configure the J2EE server setting in windows ->preferences->SAP J2EE Engine by providing hostname = localhost and port = 50400.

At once i ve done that steps i am trying to deploy CalculatorEar.ear file by utilising "deploy to J2EE" feature but deployment window is prompted exception.

"Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly ! "

Please help me out what is the main cause fo this problem even i'm trying to locate SDM folder to set the password but there is no SDM folder where i ve installed J2EE Engine and Netweaver studio.

Thanx in advance .

Best regards,

Haroon Azmat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

Once you found your msg server port, If you are using NWDS for deployment, In NWDS, Go to wndows menu >> preference >> SAP J2EE engine and enter server host and port.

Now it should work fine

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

Go to http://<servername:port>/index.html

Click on System informattion -> login with administrator and password.

there you will find full details about server and port number(message server port and enqueue server).

enter the valid details check all server nodes are in green color through J2ee perspective.

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I'm trying to get System Information from the URL you mentioned but on that page i found welcome information about SAP Application Server overview and resources.So please let me know what can i do next as i ve installed trial version of Netweaver Studio and J2EE Application Server on my local machine.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

check your message server port details and configure into your NWDS with correct details. try deploying...

You can also deploy through SDM Gui(remotegui.bat).

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I got right port of Message Server and put it down that on NWDS to talk to J2EE application server,now it works fine.But at the time of deployment i'm getting exception

27-Dec-2006 16:21:24 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

"[002]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

"

still not able to deploy any application.i know the deployment procedure with remotegui.bat as there are alots of thread already available on the forum but i dont ve SDM stuff and that file in the system.I guess the problem is belong to SDM please let me know from where i'll get that to download trial version.

Sorry about that it seems to be very simple configuration problem but i'm not able to come through might be i'm new in that.Please help me out i'm totally stuck on that.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

Make sure you specified the correct SDM host name and port number while connecting using RemoteGui. You mentioned that your engine port # is 50400 so default SDM port should be 50418. If possible, use FQDN for SDM host name.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't ve SDM tool installed please give me url where i download that from as i ve trial version of Netweaver Studio and J2EE application Server .I'm expected SDM tool should be part of J2EE application server installation but i didn't get that along with it.Apart from that i have specified msg_server port in Netweaver Studio and now it is connected to J2EE application server.Please let me know where i need to specify SDM server host name and port in the Netweaver studio.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

See this link you will find complete NW2004s trial version:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I've downloaded J2EE application server and Netweaver Studio both from same location and both are installed in my system but i don't ve SDM tool with them.What do i need to do at this point please help me out in that.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

Go to this location and click on remotegui.bat:

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\remotegui.bat

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

There is no SDM folder and this .bat file exist in this path and anywhere in my system.It seems to me i'm not able to install SDM server with Netweaver Developer Studio and J2EE application Server installation.Would that be any other way round to get SDM server separately?

Thanx in advance

Haroon

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

I think you havent installed Web application server properly. Please refer my previous link and install the 2004s trail version properly.

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I spent yesterday to download full Netweaver 4 SP16 for complete installation of whole SAP Netweaver system.Just at the start of the installation process of Part1 i'm getting these error messages....

ERROR 2006-12-29 12:25:44

FSL-06002 Error 123 (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

) in execution of a 'NetServerGetInfo' function, line (233), with parameter (., 101).

ERROR 2006-12-29 12:25:44

MOS-01224 Unable to add privileges 'SeTcbPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege' to account 'MROOKE-LAPTOP\SAP' on host '.'.

Keep in mind i'm looged in with administrator rights.Do you have any idea how do i get rid of it or what would be better for me to do at this point.

Note:

I've uninstalled my previouse installation so this is my fresh installation on this system.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If anyone knows anything about that problem please give me an idea to look at as i'm stuck on it.

Thanks in advance,

Haroon Azmat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Haroon,

I am also getting the same error while trying to install NW 2004S. Were you able to resolve this issue? If yes, Please share with us.

Thanks,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , did u start deploying in j2ee server by usind dev studio....if no means u have to configure ur j2ee server details in dev studio, then only both studio and j2ee server will communicates each other..steps is very simple to configure j2ee..

by the time the , use this port number for j2ee server 3901..i think this may help u to deploy...if need for config details reply me ...i will help u

enjoy.....