Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override version in the DTR

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following scenario:

Developer1 made some changes to WD DC and checked in those changes.

Developer2 didn't sync from the DTR and has its own version on his computer.

I want that Developer2's version will OVERRIDE Developer1's.

Does it mean only check out (without sync) and check in (from Developer2's computer) all the project or is it more complex task?

thanks,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to checkin with developer2's changes will result in a <b>checkin-conflict</b>.

This has to be resolved. You can simply choose to <b>accept local</b> (developer2's) changes and submit.

- Bhuwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may result in DTR conflict, Check in developer 2s code,then go to DTR perspective, click on the Intergration conflict tab. Accept the "colliding version or active version" depending upon which version you want.

Hope this helps.

Vishal D

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuwan Lodha & Vishal Doshi,

There is no conflict because developer1 didn't open an activity, he just wants to override developer2's changes from his local workstation.

Also, Developer1 can't start working before when he tries to access the files he is getting "Checkout error" from NWDS.

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i><There is no conflict because developer1 didn't open an activity></i>

<i><Developer1 made some changes to WD DC and checked in those changes></i>

Can you explain what developer1 has done?

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuwan Lodha,

I will try to explain it better:

same version of code exists in developer1's station, developer2's station and the dtr.

developer1 made some changes and check in those changes.

Current status is: developer1's station and DTR has the same version.

developer2's has old version.

developer1 regrets his changes and want to revert changes (go back to previous version, the version developer2 has on his computer).

So how can revert the changes?

1) Developer2 can't checkin his version because he needs to open activity and the DTR forces him to sync from DTR (which will override the version on his local computer)

2) I haven't seen an example for going back to previous version with DTR/JDI.

the "version graph" is not really working when dealing with Web Dynpro files because each WD view is build from several files (however, it works fine with "regular" java projects)

Also, messing with files in filesystem (copy manually, change readonly flag) kind of making the DTR useless (I could simply use some server for saving my projects...)

Thanks,

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

well, as far as I know DTR does not really support such a "revert", although it would really be nice.

The typical "solution": On developer1's machine:

1. Sync to the old version (e.g. by date)

2. Copy the (old version) files to a different location in the file system

3. Sync to the latest version

4. Open everything for editing

5. Copy back the files from step 2

6. Revert all unchanged files

7. Check in the new "revert" activity.

The developer should probably also take care to release both original and this activity together so that transports will not recreate the "regrettable" state in the cons system.

Regards,

Marc

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark.

Answers (0)