cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver BI-Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

EXPERT

I have selected the BI and EP Netweaver unit duning IDES ECC6 unicode installation with double stack ABAP + JAVA. IDES has been installed successfully but i didn't find the BI-Content in the component list. is there any reason ? or need to add-on.

If I am going to update the kernel with latest one , Do I need to update kernel of ABAP + JAVA ? or ABAP ?

Does system will be ECC 6 or NetWeaver.. ?

Can i add arabic language and do supplement with english ?

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Does NetWEaver will be

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI Cont is an add on that you need to install through SAINT. There are support packs as well that you will need to apply. It does not come with the initial installation.

The kernel is the same for ABAP and JAVA. You can do it either through JSPM or like a regular abap stack system by copying the kernel files into the directory. With JSPM some files are locked when you run so you may have to jump over and manually rename them for the kernel upgrade to continue.

There are restrictions with running ERP ECC 6.0 with BI and XI, so review the oss notes related to that in the Intall guide.

The environment I just built we seperated BI and XI and installed them on Netweaver 4s systems.

ECC is installed on the ERP system.

As for the languages, there should be no problem installing arabic as long as the system was installed unicode.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You have done right uptill now. Your system is now a Netweaver system with usage types ( mySAPERP ECC6, BI and EP)

To deploy an SAP NetWeaver System as an SAP NetWeaver Business

Intelligence system, install and activate the BI Content Add-On 7.02. This component is installed using the SAINT tool.

Also read the notes 855534 for Embedded installation of ECC with BI and EP usage types

And regarding Kernal upgrade you need to do in for both ABAP and Java

Please award points for useful answers

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phani

Thanks for your valuable information that you provided in your reply, Can I import the Arabic language in current system which is embedded with ECC6+ BI+EP and double stack.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi waseem

Yes you can import Arabic since it is a unicode system. you can check the installed languages by running the program RSCPINST or RSCP0018 from SA38 tcode.

To know more go to notes 42305 and 73606

in 73606 notes you find an attachment for unicode supported languages

Regards,

Phani