cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last 8 months i worked as a bw consultant.Now i have chance to work on sap basis.How to start to studying documentation on basis.

if any doceumnts is there plz send to my id:kumar44_basis@yahoo.co.in.

kindly give me the advices how to start in basis.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kumar,

i personally feel, understanding the System Architecture is more important for BASIS. for this you can refer any SAP Guides which are available @ Service MarketPlace.

to start as BASIS administrator, it is always better to learn step by step..as follows.

starting & stopping of SAP instances..

1) User administration-> creation of new users, giving necessary authorizations (roles & profiles), creating new roles as & when required.

2) Transport managment-> understanding what is a change request, how to tranport a TR from 1 system to another, creation of new tranport profiles.

3) general monitoring of work processes etc..

4) importing support packs etc..

5) kernel upgrades..

6) sAp installations..

i am sure if u start learning in this direction, you will a good understanding over SAP as BASIS administrator.

ALL the Best,

With regards,

Rajesh.

plz, award suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh and kiran,

Thank u for ur inputs i assigned fullpoints.

and one more small doubt what are the roles in support project and implementation project as a sap basisconsultant.

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumarraju,

generally what happens, when you change the status of the query to "answered" then we will stop watching that thread. so this delay, instead of querying under same thread, please create a new thread.

coming to your query, generally roles won't differ based on type of project. but differ based up on type of task you are handlling.

in general, in support project we will be handling user administration( creation, deletion, creating new roles etc), Transports handling. so we will be given only this roles.

but for implemetation project we will doing all kind of activites, so that depends upon the client( SAP_ALL won;t be given to all users).

hope this info will address your query.

with BR,

Rajesh.

award points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Roles means you are asking @ the Authorisation or the basis activities.

Taking Activities into consideration.

Support Project - It involces the Daily Monitoring, Transport Management, User Management, Change Management, Dump and system log analysis.

Implementation Project - It involves Installation of the SAP Componant (like ECC,BW, NW, EP.. etc), Post Installation, Configuration of Transport Managemt system, Configuration of Authorisation Matrix, Configuration of Standard job

Hope this will help you, do revert if you need some more help.

Reward points if it is useful.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below links you will get lots of useful documents.

http://easymarketplace.de/online-pdfs.php

Award points if it is useful.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ADM100 book will give you basic concepts on BASIS.As u said u worked last 8 months in bw at that time u may have contact with u r basis team thay will have ADM100 book this is SAP recommanded book

Go through that book it will help you.Other wise use <b>sap.help.com</b> or <b>service.sap.com</b>

kiran kumar.v