cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loop and table in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some issue that i cannot understand. I am sending a table from my print program to smartforms. I want to print the whole table, that means all the records. Now i do not understand whether i need to use table or loop. can anyone please explain technically what loop and table does.`Also in my data tab where i have to specify loop itab into WA, do i need to provide any condition, since i want to display all the records.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You can use both tables and loop.

2.If you need to display all records,no need of specifying condition.

3.In Form Interface->Table

itab like mara

(or)

itab like db_structure

Since you are passing table from print program,it should be defined in SE11 as structure or table.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table is required when an accurate positioning of the columns are required or when borders are required between columns. Loop is useful when the positioning is not that important or when there is only one column to be printed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need declare internal table in Global settings-> form interface->tables.

If you want to print all the records then create loop in the Main area part of table. No need to provide any condition.

Asvhen

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have to define a loop in the table . in the declarations u have to define this

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using a loop, you will not be able to position each column of the table accurately. However if you are using a table, you will be able to specify the position of each column. Since you want all the records to be printed, you need not specify any condition in the data tab