cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup and restore the users and groups roles authorizations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using NW04SP16 and our UME is connected to the organization LDAP.

We are making a critical change at the Datasource which is used to connect to the LDAP and bring the users and groups from it.

Even though this change has been tested successfully on our development and test servers and all the authorizations we built at the portal were kept we want to be on the safe side and backup it.

Is there a possibility to export and backup a "screenshot" of all the users and groups roles authorizations and restore them at later point in case something will go wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to export the users, usergroups and roles from portal to restore at a later part of time using UME administration..

Cheers

Senthil

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 779708 - EP6 on WebAS 6.40 Online Backup and Restore Strategy

Also check these links:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/a2/e12840d89d185de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Backup/Restore and Recovery</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/4b/d8f23ea4b42e5ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Backing Up and Restoring AS Java</a>

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thank you for the note and links but they are someway very general, the note says it is possible and the links are describing the options but none of them are pointing to a guided procedure which relates to my requirement: Backing up the authorizations we gave to users and groups in the portal. I am aware of the fact that these are kept at the DB which servs the portal (in our case MSSQL) and I can use the DB tools to perform full backup, but I am looking for a simple procedure within the portal/AS, which is something like export/import type of the entire authorizations.

Regards,

Roy

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there is a seperate procedure to backup only user and authorization data seperately.

However we can wait and see if someone has an answer.

I would love to know it too !

Regards,

Siddhesh