Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLC parameter value in user profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone take time out to explain what the parameter WLC in a user profile signifies?

I believe the value of this parameter is maintained in terms of X's in 11 combinations. So which combination would allow a user to bypass all the limitations and enables a logon into the system?

Thanks in advance. Wish You all a Happy Christmas too

Regards,

Sri Srirangam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> which combination would allow a user to bypass all the limitations and enables a logon into the system?

Notice: user parameters are never used to restrict the ability to logon to the system - and they shall also not used (by any application) for other access control purposes (such as "authorization checks") since the value of an user parameter can be changed by the user him-/herself.

Regards, Wolfgang (whishing a Happy New Year)

PS: WLC contains the "user-specific workflow settings" (see SE16: table TPARA)

3 REPLIES 3

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> which combination would allow a user to bypass all the limitations and enables a logon into the system?

Notice: user parameters are never used to restrict the ability to logon to the system - and they shall also not used (by any application) for other access control purposes (such as "authorization checks") since the value of an user parameter can be changed by the user him-/herself.

Regards, Wolfgang (whishing a Happy New Year)

PS: WLC contains the "user-specific workflow settings" (see SE16: table TPARA)

0 Kudos

dear wolfgang,

the reason i assumed that the WLC parameter would enable logon inspite of limitations is a scenario in one of the systems in our landscape.

We had a system that was removed from CUA and so when we were trying to login, an error "cua assignment missing" use to pop up, but for one user.

when i tried to spot the difference between that user and the other users in the system was the parameter WLC was set to a combination of Xs.

So this situation had let me into believing that probably this parameter would enable a bypass login.

also coming to the cua part of the scenario, i found out that there was a failed attempt of making the system a CUA client.

But how would this effect the users and enable only one user to login.

regards,

sri srirangam

0 Kudos

Well, it is also possible that this specific user was not assigned any (system-specific) profiles / roles (for that CUA client system). In that case he simply was not assigned any authorizations.

The message you have quoted has the code "01 540" and it raised when calling function module SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC in an CUA master system for a user who does not have a system assignment (see above) for the CUA master system as CUA client system (sounds weird but that's really a valid option).

You can also see this when activating the <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/495911">ABAP logon trace</a>; you'll then find an <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/320991">error code 6</a>.

Regard, Wolfgang