cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is j2ee Engine in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to sap i have some questions regarding j2ee engine.

1. What is j2ee Engine in SAP

2. What features it provides

3. Why Should i Use J2ee engine?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAP now supports two stacks, the ABAP stack(engine) and the java stack(engine). The java engine is based on the j2ee standards. I can't give many details about it, but the support for java or j2ee allows SAP customers to integrate systems together. For example, the SAP Netweaver Portal is written in java and runs on the java stack. The portal allows customers to bring all its SAP and non-SAP applications into one place for easy access by the users.

I also understand that you need the java engine if you want to use Adobe Interactive Forms on the ABAP side.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

Check this thread for more information about WAS:

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What is j2ee Engine in SAP

J2ee is a run time environfor the Jave related J2ee applications.it is same standards follows as provided by Sun.it is bulit with in the SAP WEBAS.

And it is also provide the portal components and protal services run in own container of sap j2ee Engine.It is aslo contain the EJB container and WEB container and PRTbridge service this provides the integration process between runtme environment of the portal and SAP j2ee engine.

2. What features it provides

All kinds of java support applications like webservices and mobile technologies.

3. Why Should i Use J2ee engine?

U are going to develop the applications utilze the java means all the application to be deployed on the J2ee engine only.

Like webdynpro for java like that .

Thanks,

Lohi.