cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI connection problem with SAP 4.7x200

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Users,

I have managed to install an IDES system for prototype in a project. The version I am using is SAP 4.7x200.

The setup is very straight forward:

1. Windows 2000 Server SP4

2. MSSQL 2000 (from SAP - patched)

3. local installation (no AD)

I got to the point where I have succesfully completed Central installation and database installation.

I am able to start the SAP processes, these processes are running:

msg_server.exe

disp+work.exe

igswd.exe

I confirm that the SAP port is listening (port 3210 for my installation).

When I tried to connect to the R3 server using SAPGUI, I got the following error:

Sap system message: error (msg E4 005 not found)

I found in SAPMMC that the R3Abap node has shortdumps. The dumps report is:

1. Invalid call of the database interface [Client 000] [User SAPSYS]

2. Database interface reported an error during read a] [Client 000] [User ]

I have checked if there's problem with the mssql database. I am able to directly read the tables from SQL enterprise manager.

Using the "analyze" option with User: SAP* for analyzing, shows the following message:

A:SY:002 Invalid call to a database interface

Any one has a suggestion of what might be the problem?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lito,

Is this a schema or non-schema installation? It sounds like perhaps the R/3 application is looking for the tables to be in one schema when in fact they are in another.

Another possibility is that you have a corrupt or incorrect version of dbmssslib.dll. Check the version information on this file (in \usr\sap\<SID>\sys\exe\run) and ensure that it's for platform 'x86' if you are running 32-bit Windows, or 'NTAMD64' if you are running x64, etc, and that it's the 620 or 640 version of the file. If there's any doubt, you could try patching the kernel by downloading the latest SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR files for 4.7x200 from SAPnet, but as has been mentioned elsewhere, SAP may not support your IDES installation if you upgrade or patch it.

--Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information:

The sapgui I was trying to connect from, runs on a different machine.

I manually put the port mapping on windows services file where the sapgui runs and I am able to contact the message server.

I found someone has the same problem, but running different platform (Fedora). He solved it using a loop back adapter. But I believe this is when you want to run sapgui in the same machine as the r3 server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What version of SAPGUI You are using? If it is 6.20, please upgrade it to 6.40.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I run sapgui 6.40 build 717437. I use this to connect to sap server at work.

I also found in the sap mmc syslog the following:

1. Table T100 is not in the database

2. Table TRDIRT is not in the database

3. Table VSEOPARENT is not in the database

4. DBIF_RTAB_ILLEGAL_CALL occurred

Point 1 - 3, are these relates to MNLS? I didn't select MNLS when I was installing sap ides as I was thinking I don't need it.

I'm not sure how to trace point 4.

Thanks for your reply.