cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI;

I have problem with a Numeric Field on a MSS adobe form. When I define the field as Numeric Field in the Adobe Livecycle designer and bind the field to a r3 data element type of PAD_AMT7S (data type of CURR 13 with 2 decimal), the form returns a formatting error. The error is: "Input should be in the form .__.___,__ "

The error occurs because my User Profile->Own Data Defaults on the r3 side is set to Decimal notation 1.234.567,89. The error itself is produced from the abap function module CONVERSION_EXIT_ISR1_INPUT. This function module looks at my default setting for Decimal notation and produces the format error.

How can I convert the input on the Numeric Field (using fm CATS_NUMERIC_INPUT_CHECK) before the ISR framework processes function module ISR_CONVERT_INPUT?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try setting the Object(Binding-Data Pattern) properties of that Numeric field with the same Decimal Notation type that was maintained in your User Data?

Regards,

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI;

Setting the format to 99.999,00 will work for this one scenario, but will not work when a user needs a entry in USD - 99,999.99

Thanks;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the format as ZZ,ZZZ.99

pavan meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

We faced the same issue when the form has to pass through different users having different numeric formats in their User profile.

The tricky solution we adopted is to make all the fields Text field in the Designer, even though the characteristic reference type is of numeric data types.

Try this.

We tried with various patterns, but had problems of their own (like additional trailing zeroes etc).

Do update, once you have found the solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.