cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device removal -> after this no new device ID's are generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In NetWeaver Mobile Administrator I used the device removal function. This worked well but after this NO device ID's are generated anymore in the middleware... I installed note 1001219 but that didn't work...

We're on MI 7.0 with SP10.

Anyone else got this problem?

kind regards,

jeroen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions where I can put a break point to see what happens... I tried to put one in sicf on the service sap/bc/MJC/mi_host but in method CL_ME_SYNCHRONIZATION->IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST I cannot find anything about device id generation....

Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joeren,

Device id generation does not happen in the CL_ME_SYNCHRONIZATION, this is just the first point of entry into the MI middleware through ICF.

The device id gets generated in WAF_REGISTRY_NOTIFY_R3.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I finally solved the problem... I looked further into debugging of the icf service /sap/bc/MJC/mi_host and then put a break point for function module ME_MAPPING.

You cannot set a breakpoint on function module WAF_WAF_REGISTRY_NOTIFY_R3 (which calls WAF_REGISTRY_NOTIFY_R3) because in function module WAF_MW_SYNC_21 this last function is called dynamically

call function ldf_funct

destination ldf_rfcdest

where ldf_funct and ldf_rfcdest are filled by FM ME_MAPPING.

Just before I deleted the device ID I did some customizing for MTT 2.0 as described in their config guide. For this entries in table BWAFMAPP must be created and afterwards for each method an RFC connection must be mapped in table MEMAPPDEST.

The guide is not very clear, it says repeat steps ... for every entry of table BWAFMAPP. In fact this is not correct because I did it also for method WAF_REGISTRY and this was the real problem.

This way function module ME_MAPPING found for method WAF_REGISTRY ( with corresponding function module WAF_WAF_REGISTRY_NOTIFY_R3 in table BWAFMAPP) an entry in table MEMAPPDEST with RFC destination MTT which was pointing to the backend of course. So the middleware tried to execute function module WAF_WAF_REGISTRY_NOTIFY_R3 on the backend, of course it doesn't exist over there.....

This is the end of the story

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked table MEMGMT_DEV_IDTXT but there are still 2 entries...

I inserted an entry with a device name MOBILE_00001 but no chance

rgds,

jeroen

uwe_hrter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

could it be that you removed the last client you had on that middleware? We had a funny behavior in MI7.0 as well when we changed the devicename of the first (and only) device to something different then 'MOBILE_nn'. Maybe you should check table MEMGMT_DEV_IDTXT in the middleware. If there is no entry or at least nothing like 'MOBILE_nn', the system goes into an endless loop in method GET_LAST_GEN_DEVNAME. This method expects an entry such as 'MOBILE_00001' in that table and keeps on searching until it finds one.

Regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used the device removal function in NetWeaver Mobile Administrator as mentioned. There are no short dumps in the middleware....

This were the steps I did:

1. Install mobile client

2. Sync -> ok got a device ID

3. Deployed a few applications (MAM 30 and MTR20)

4. Device removal in Netweaver Mobile Administrator using user j2ee_admin

5. Uninstall of the mobile client

6. Install mobile client

7. Sync -> gets NO device ID from the middleware ...

rgds,

jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Any errors / warnings in the trace file of the new client?

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jeroen,

was the MI client removed properly at step 5? including your database files?

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen

First and foremost note no.1001219 is not at all related to MI or Netweaver Mobile Administrator. Can you please be more precise on your problem statement. Which functionlity of Device removal did you use?? Since there are more than 1 functionality. Also can you please check if there are any short dumps (ST22) in the middleware during or after using this functionality.

Best Regards

Sivakumar