cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation DEV+QA on Single Machine of ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone guide me on Installation of DEV + QA instance on single machine. How do i go for it? What are the important things to check before starting installation; like wot will be paging size in this case? Database options? Is there any document is available on the same? Plz respond ASAP!!

with regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say dev & QA on the same machine, what components are you referring too (BI, XI, EP, etc.) There are some serious restrictions and in some cases unupported scenarios. If you only want to put the ERP ecc 6.0 system for dev and test on one machine, are you talking about doing it with a different client or two seperate instances with different databases. I believe seperate clients would be pretty easy to do. We do that with our test and education environment. ECC for the most part is only an ABAP stack so two clients should be able to work as a dev and test platform.

XI, BI and Enterprise portal or other components would required some additional thought? Do you need those as well?

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

If you are using any AS JAVA based business functionality then it is very difficult to have one instance support both DEV and QA as AS JAVA does not have a client concept and the AS ABAP <-> AS JAVA communication will typically use the same JCo connection name which will defeat the separation of DEV and QA requirement.

So my suggestion is to have two separate systems, each with it's own AS ABAP and AS JAVA.

Just my $0.02,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanx for replying my qus. here i'm installing only ECC 6.0 (ABAP stack) in single machine with two separate instances DEV and QA. How I shld i proceed in this scenario"? Do i need to install oracle two times separately for DEV and QA or single installation of database can handle this? Wot will be the impact if i install java stack in future?

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I wish you happy new year.

RDBMS like oracle or any DB Software need to install once even though you are installing 2 instances (DEV+QAS).

Impact of java stack is it needs more ram resouce so see that you have enough physical memory.

your steps will be in this sequence :

install JRE

install ORACLE (software only)

then install DEV Central System

do post installation activities

start intalling QAS central system

do post installation activies

later you can add JAVA system to both.

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

Wish u the same!! Thanx a lot for ur reply....If reqd i will ping u again :).

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ECC6.0 has option to check all prerequsits in additional lifecycle s/w.

as per my knowledge it doesnt work with 2GB ram you need to go for >3gb ram

and also page file keep max i.e, for 32 bit 8gb and 64>20gb

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos