cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Party Alternative Identifier Problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a B2B scenario in which I have configured following things in Integration Directory

1.Sender party as PartyA

Business System-->ABC_001 with logical system as ABC_001.

2. Receiver party as PartyB.

Business Service--->InvoiveManagement.

Also there are other A2A scenario in which ABC_001 is under service without party.

Now when I send an Idoc from ABC_001 to XI, then by default SNDPRT is "LS" in Idoc control record. it would have been fine if i would have used Business system ABC_001 as service without party.

But here we want to use Sender system ABC_001 inside sender partyA for our B2B scenario.

I think we need to change some settings in sender R3. Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this one...https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb9bb2b2660

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I have gone through that PDF. But my dilemma is how do we set sender party type as US in sender system. As shown in the screen shot in page 17 in the pdf, SNDPRT is "US". In my system by default this value is LS. That is why in XI it is considering the Business system without party.

Can you help me to know the right procedure for changing SNDPRT.

Thanks,

Yomesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are SP14 and above, make the change in the SNDPRT field in the mapping in the Idoc control record and then select the option ~~ Take Sender From Payload in the IDoc receiver Adapter! This will take the sender details (SNDPRN and SNDPRT) from the Idoc control record value in mapping!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also working with Yomesh. Both of us are waiting for solution to this problem

In our XI system same Business System occurs twice (Once under Party and secondly without Party) so when we trigger IDoc from this R/3 system corresponding to this Business system, XI looks for receiver determination rule for Business system which is without party. But we want it to trigger receiver determination rule for Business system with party.

As per the PDF for this to happen SNDPRT should be other then LS. We are not sure about the configuration in R/3 required to achieve this.

<b>

Reason for same Business system with and without party:</b>

This is a B2B scenario so sender Business system and receiver Business service are kept under parties. There is also an A2A scenario in which parties are not required so same Business system is also kept without party.

Thanks,

Divyakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried creating two different partner profiles in we20 of your R/3 system?

One partner would be of type LS, and you could use this to trigger idocs for your A2A scenario.

Another would be of type US, and you could use this to trigger idocs for your B2B scenario.

I have not tried this, but it might work.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have to change sender partner type but not the receiver partner type.

In WE20 we can change receiver partner type but not the sender partner type.

Regards,

Divyakumar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to make the change in the Idoc control record in the mappng and then try the option take Sender from payload in the Idoc Receiver Adapter?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried creating two receiver determinations?

One receiver determination without the party specified, and another one, with the party specified?

As far as I know, partner profiles are created for both the sender and receiver. So you should be able to manipulate it here.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

I have two Receiver Determination in XI system for both with party and without party.

Our scenario is from IDoc to File

In sender R/3 system we have partner profile for receiver. but i don't think creating sender's partner profile in sender R/3 system will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply Bhavesh.

But Ours is Idoc to File scenario.

And we are getting problem on sender side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just my view here:

R/3 system with party ---> Create a partner number say <i>R3WithParty</i> with partner type US

Receiver system with party ---> Create a partner number <i>ReceiverWithParty</i> with partner type US

R/3 without party --> Create a partner number say <i>R/3WithoutParty</i>

Receiver system without party--> Create a partner number say <i>RcvrWithoutParty</i>.

Now use the appropriate partners when triggering the idoc.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

But how do we use approprite sender partner while trigerring Idoc.

As per my understanding sender system can be assigned a logical system name in transaction

SALE---- > Assign Logical system to client.

In partner profile we can only define the partners to whom we are sending the Idoc. How can we define ourself as a partner in the system.

Also if you see the RSNASTED program in R3 system there SNDPRT field is hardcoded as "LS". This is a SAP standard program which is called for Idoc outbound processing. So I was wondering whether we could do this or not??

Regards,

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smitha ,

One more thing, if you refer to the PDF , which Sravya pointed out in this thread, there in page number 17 there is a screenshot where SNDPRT is US. That screen shot is of we05 where you can view idocs.

Can you please tell me how do we acheive that. Whenever I trigger an Idoc from my R3 system to any partner I want SNDPRT to be US, by default.

As far as I have drilled to the depth of it , I found this to be hardcoded in RSNASTED program as LS . If this is the case how do we change it.

Thanks for your answers,

Yomesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not too much into abap, and so am a little ignorant with the program RSNASTED you mentioned above.

<i>One more thing, if you refer to the PDF , which Sravya pointed out in this thread, there in page number 17 there is a screenshot where SNDPRT is US. That screen shot is of we05 where you can view idocs.Can you please tell me how do we acheive that. Whenever I trigger an Idoc from my R3 system to any partner I want SNDPRT to be US, by default.</i>

You can trigger idocs using transaction we19. Here, you can change the edidc values as required, and trigger the idoc. This however wouldn't work if the partner profile has not been configured properly.

This transcation is only used to test idocs. Check if the right receiver determination gets called, when the idocs are triggered from here, with different partner types.

If yes, then, it would confirm that the approach is right; and you could then find a way to call idoc with a right partner type using a transaction/program.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I tried sending Idoc from WE19 transaction, where I edited the SNDPRT field to "US". The scenario run perfectly fine. So this proves that the setting in partner profile and Configuation are right. Also the alternative identifiers are correctly set.

But we19 is a testing transaction, I am still looking for the way to change SNDPRT in actual scenario.There should be some settings in ABAP. where i could specify that my sender party type is US before triggering an Invoice or order from R3.

Thanks for all your suggestions,

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you considered, providing the control values as part of message mapping(constants)?

Map SNDPRT and other fields , to a constant value, and check the box "Apply Control Record Values from Payload" in the receiver idoc adapter.

Regards,

Smitha.