cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy Web Service Deployable Proxy DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Deployable Proxy DC and added a new client proxy in it , generated from a wsdl on my local file system.

I tried to build the DC and then deploy it, it throws an exception during deployment saying

<b>Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/amoli/LOCALS1/Temp/<temp29124XXXXX>.ear

Aborted: development component '<XXXXX>':

Caught exception during access of archive "/N_sapbinSID_001/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS08/SDM/root/origin/<VENDOR>/<PRJNAME>/<DEVCONF>/<temp29124XXXXX>.ear

:java.lang.RuntimeException: Incorrect EAR file. EAR /N_sapbinSID_001/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS08/SDM/root/origin/<VENDOR>/<PRJNAME>/<DEVCONF>/<temp29124XXXXX>.ear

does not contain entry META-INF/application.xml as required by the J2EE specification. (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).null)</b>

Note : <i>actual names printed in log replaced by XXX for confidentiality</i>.

Now that I dont have to add any files / change any code in case of a deployable proxy and a non dc project behaves absolutely fine, is there anything I am missing in the whole stuff?

Any pointers? did anybody face similar situations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I tried to simulate your scenario but was not able to get this error.

One things is quite clear that your ear file is corrupt.

You may have to create a new project and then try again. I will try to search for the service marketplace for any note that may exist.

In the mean time can you just list down the steps that you have taken to create a deployable dc proxy.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth,

The steps are :

1. created a deployable proxy DC project

2. Added a new client proxy definition.

3. Generated the client proxy definition using a wsdl file on my local file system.

4. From the context menu of the DC, selected <b>Development Component --> Build</b> and then <b>Development Component --> Deploy</b>. Now this creates an archive which is not having the application.xml and application-j2ee-engine.xml files inside it and hence gives the error.

One of my collegues has been successful in doing this and according to him, this could be a NWDS version issue. He uses NWDS 7.0.08 and I am on 7.0.07.

BTW, what is your NWDS sp level?

Regards,

Amol

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I have tested the same using NWDS SP08. However i checked out notes for NWDS SP7 and there was nothing which suggested that there may be an error in the build process for SP7.

Just try creating a local dc and see if this also gives an error.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

since deployment fails because the application.xml is missing: Is there a META-INF folder containing an application.xml in your DC? Is the META-INF folder also defined as a source folder in the DC metadata?

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Marc , there is a META-INF folder inside the DC but it is not defined as a source folder. This has to happen automatically at the time of DC creation.As pointed out by one of my collegue , this could solve the problem but we failed to understand why is this happening. I am using NWDS7.0.07 and facing this problem. Any issue with this service pack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

please define the folder manually as source folder and rebuild the application again, maybe it was just an initialization problem within NWDS, i.e. for some reason NWDS failed to automatically add that definition.

I'm not aware if this is an SP specific issue. Sometimes I have the impression that this is somehow eclipse legacy: platform first, IDE only as an afterthought. Some tools within the NWDS seem to fight over control (or just order of execution) sometimes and then strange things happen... and they may not even be reproducable.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

experts...

Any clues? I am stuck up with this error badly 😞

--Amol

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Try removing the ear file through SDM gui and deploy it again.

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

No question of removing using SDM gui as the EAR does not deploy in first place. The error is all about missing deployment descriptor in the archive and deployment aborts there itself.

-- Amol