Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need your help in sorting this issue.

I have transfered PPM to APO from R3 via CFM2. And later i have deleted that PPM in APO.

And after this again i tried to send PPM from R3 using CFM2.

Could you please guide me how to correct this error

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Since you have deleted the PPM in APO you need to carry out Initial Transfer to send the PPM from R3 to APO. For this if you have the integration model with just this PPM - deinitialise the integration model and then reinitialise it. This will result in Initial Transfer. If there are lot many other products/PPMs then just exclude the particular product and generate the PPM integration model. Then remove the exclusion and create another PPM integration model. Activate the newly generated integration models in the sequence created.

This will result in Initial Transfer as well.

Hope this helps,

somnath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Somnath/Jagdish,

my problem is solved. Actually the PPM to be transported was existing in more than one integration model.

I deleted all models and made only one model active.

Thank you all.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagi,

Great to know that you found the root cause and got it fixed. More often than not same master data in multiple integration models causes difficulty in trboule-shotting. That is when CFM5 really comes handy.

I really appreciate your post letting us know the issue with the resolution. This is a perfect closure to a Forum Question as others can learn from it.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year 2007!

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for your kind and prompt reply.

I did exactly what u have said.

During CFM2 i got a log saying that

BOM item not APO relevant.

Could you pls explain what exactly it is.

Details:

BOM header MRP type is X0

All items MRP type is PD

Thanks once again

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagi,

The log clearly shows the problem why the PPM is not getting transferred. If you have no items (input components) marked as X0 then the same are not part of an active integration model and hence in absence of input components the PPM does not get generated in APO. Also note likewise you need to have at least one operation which is scheduling relevant (as per Control Key definition) having a duration of more than 1 second with valid resource (work center) that is already part of active integration model.

So to transfer PPM successfully from R/3 to APO here are the prerequisities:

1. Header and component products are part of active integration model

2. Resource is part of an active Integration model

Then only activate the PPM integration model.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

As u said, i have checked the control key (it is sched and Capacity relevant). And machine time and set up time has been entered in the master recipe.

Resources and BOM items are part of Integration Model.

Even then when i try to transfer PPM it is Giving following message:

<b>Work center/resource R_003 plant 1001: Resource is not APO-relevant

Message no. U9117</b>

<b>Material 000000000350000055 plant 1001 production version 0002: PPM has no activities

Message no. U9116</b>

Once gain thanks for being patient all the time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

As u said, i have checked the control key (it is sched and Capacity relevant). And machine time and set up time has been entered in the master recipe.

Resources and BOM items are part of Integration Model.

Even then when i try to transfer PPM it is Giving following message:

<b>Work center/resource R_003 plant 1001: Resource is not APO-relevant

Message no. U9117</b>

<b>Material 000000000350000055 plant 1001 production version 0002: PPM has no activities

Message no. U9116</b>

Once gain thanks for being patient all the time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sagi,

I think you need to check the product versions whether it is is active or not as i have also faced the same problem. If you have access to R/3 then goto material master for the product for which you want to cif PPM, in MRP 4 view check product versions.

The error message is clearly saying that its the problem with Prod version ( Routing no....for plant .... ).

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Pls reward points if it helps...