cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Quotation from XML file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to create Quotation by using data uploaded of an XML file. I don't know how to upload XMl file to SAP. Also after tht how to handle data and create a quotation using that?

Suggest me....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, you have many possibilities:

1) convert the XML file to an Idoc (ex: Orders01) using a EDI converter or SAP XI and then configure the Idoc interface to load the quotation

2) write and ABAP program that reads the XML file and then create the quotation with a BAPI (salesordercreatefromdat2)

There are some function group to handle this format, here some function groups yoyu can find in ECC 5.0:

CRM_BSP_DESIGNER_XML

CXML

CXMP

TRUX

S_XML_PARSER

3) same as 2 but you create an idoc from xml using function module:

IDOC_XML_FROM_FILE

regards

Roberto Mazzali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread after a longtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

As suggested by Roberto you can actually get in touch with your ABAP' er and create a BAPI program to read the data from the XML file. And in fact we do use BAPI's to handle this. The client actually uses siebel which is converted in XML with some third party tools. We run a batch job that converts all these XML files which get created. We can then see such orders created using T.code VA02.

Hope the explanation helps your situation.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

Can u pls send the sample code... it will be very much helpful to me. As of now i wrote sample code to read XML file. But still struggling in converting that to a format which is suitable to pass to BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Can you send me a sample program to read the XML File ?