Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Abap webdynpro appln

former_member758419
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me how to debug the Webdynpro application.. This is with regard to my ongoing issue which is discussed in my earlier question,

Please help me with understanding the control flow of the webdynpro application, which is the first step while execution, when is supply function called and when are the event handlers called..

Thanks in advance,

Sachidanand.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachi,

Just set an external breakpoint in your application (make sure it's an external and not an internal one). Then the debugger will display itself in a new window once the execution reaches the position.

Best regards,

Thomas

former_member758419
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've placed the break points in the action methods and also in WDDOINIT method, but still the debugger didnt start when i executed the program. Then i entered the transaction /h and then executed the application, now the debugger is opening but its showing a message "No Additional External mode for new ABAP debugger available"..

Please tell me whether should i set some system pareameter to enable debugging when i place the external breakpoints.

Thanks,

Sachidanand.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the documentation here.

Regards, Heidi

- link adjusted by moderator Gabor Cseh

former_member758419
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for ur reply,

I followed the documentation given by u, i've set the external breakpoints in the WDDOINIT and WDDOMODIFYVIEW methods and executed the application, but the problem remains the same, the application is not enterring the debug mode. Its executing as normal..

Please tell me, what might be the problem.

Thanks,

Sachi

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachi,

Could you check the following please?

(1) Does the URL in your browser point to the same server at which you set the breakpoint (might not be the case if load-balancing was enabled).

(2) Is the breakpoint an external one?

(3) Was the breakpoint set for your user?

(4) Have you enabled the IP-check/restriction for external debugging?

Points (3) and (4) can be specifed in the workbench settings.

Best regards,

Thomas

former_member758419
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for ur reply,

1) Yes, the URL in the browser is pointing to the same server where i set the breakpoint.

2) Yes, The breakpoint is of type External.

3) Yes, The breakpoint has been for my user. I also tried with ddic user.

>>>(4) Have you enabled the IP-check/restriction for external debugging?

I'm not aware of this, can u please tell me how to check and also how to enable this setting.

Thanks,

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachi,

The IP-Setting is a checkbox that is located below where you can switch the user name for debugging in the settings. Also try to switch to the classic debugger.

Best regards,

Thomas

former_member758419
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I enabled the IP-matching checkbox in the settings and also switched to classic debugging, but even then the condition remains same.. the control is not going to debug screen..

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachi,

I am afraid, I am out of further ideas why it isn't working on your side. You could file in an oss ticket to SAP support. I suppose someone needs to take a look at this unusual problem.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read http://fuller.mit.edu/netweaver/debugging_abap_from_web.html

As the saying goes Fuller's picture wort ha thousand words

Read 4 OSS Notes

668256 668252 751872 and 1004248

Regards

-jnc at Kolkata

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the debugger screen doesnot not open when you already have 7 external sessions open.

Because at max you can open 7 only.

If you have opened the max no .of external sessions it debugging mode doesnt open up.

So check once how many sessions are open.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomaz,

I am trying to debug the application from portal. Since we have integrated the application, when we try to preview it, it just shows a blank screen and we are unable to find out what may be wrong.

I am unsure of what you mean when you say the URL should show that it is pointing to the backend server. When I see the URL of the application when previewing it, it doesnt show me the backend server. Also where does load balancing come into the picture? Does anABAP web dynpro application also need JCo?

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

I ran into the same problem and this fixed it for me. In my case I had 6 sessions open. I closed a few and the debugger worked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the SAP NOTE 1386082.

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1386082]

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode SICF and enable debugging for your service.

Regards,

Kalp..