cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship to and sold to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible a customer can be extended from a SHIP TO to a SOLD TO.

If I try to add it to the partners screen as a SOLD TO it errors

Customer XXXX not defined for function SP (table TPAKD).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u will try on this tranacstion code: XD07 or VD07

change the account group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob;

If you are looking at converting a Ship to to Sold to then we can use XD07 for the same. This is used for changing the Account groups of the Cust. Master.

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have created a customer as Ship to Party, you cannot extend it as Sold to Party.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Take a new transaction XD01 to create a customer. Enter the account group 0001.

Sales area. after filling this details. Do not press enter. Down u come across the reference data. Here u give the customer number and the sales area.

Automatically the system considers the same ship to party to sold to party.

Hope it will help u.

<b>And once more request to all</b>

<b>Close the thread if u are satisfied with the replies by awarding points to the replier as helpful r very helpful r solved problem.</b>

D o I need to guide to reward points? On the top right corner select reward points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your initial question was to extend the use of ship to as sold to, correct me if I am wrong. It's obvious from the error message pointing to table TPAKD. This table stores account group assignment to partner function.

Use t-code VOPA, select customer master, click on partner functions, then select from menu environmentacct grp assignment. Assign partner function SH to acct. group Sold to (standard sap account group for sold to is 0001).

Hope it's clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to IMG : SD -> basic functions -> partner determination -> setup partner determination --> Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master.

Select activity : Account group - Function assignment,then assign partner function "SH" to your sold-to account group.

Cheers

Benny Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

From

Sales & Distr -> Basic Function -> Partner Determination ->

I only have 3 options

Define Partner Functions

Define and Assign Partner Determination Procedures

Assign Partner Functions on the Debit Side to Account Groups

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What R/3 version are you in ?

Mine is ECC 5.

Anyway, try go to Assign Partner Functions on the Debit Side to Account Groups, and see any similar setting for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its 4.6C. Will have a look at the area you said.

Thanks

I cant understand why it wont just let me add the Sold To via XD02 -> Partners...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls use the T.code XD07 to change the account group of the Customer Number from SH to SP.

This will solve your problem!

Hope, this helps!

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

it seems that SP Sold to party is in this list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course whenever we create a new customer master data,the system automatically defaults the SP partner function. You need not worry about a missing SP in the customer master.

Your question started with whether a SH can be changed to a SP and the soln for this would be to use XD07.

If the actual problem is trying to add a SP because it is missing will never occur. Even the error message you got is related to the issue of SH trying to act like a SP.

Hope this is clear!

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

so the customer cannot have both

Ship To and Sold To

You can have one or the other?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a customer is created (XD01/VD01) by default it is Sold-to Party. You can add one or more Ship-to party to it. You can add same ship-to party to more then one sold-tp party but one sold-to party can not have another sold to party.

Does it sound confusing ?!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard setting is:

All the following partners are must for all customer master data:

Sold-to

Ship-to

Bill-to

Payer

In this, the sold-to customer can play all the above roles. He can be the SP, SH, BP & PY. When you create a new master data with a SP account group, then the system will default all the above partner fns with the same SP customer #.

You can add more SH (Multiple delivering points), BP & PY for this SP customer number. However, if a customer # is created using a SH account group, his role is restricted to playing the partner fn - SH. thats why, you get this confusion - he can only be a ship-to and not a sold-to.

These limitations are controlled using the account group with which these customer #'s are created in the system. You can check the account group detail from the menu bar > Extras > Administrative data.

Hope, this helps!

Thanks,

Siva

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to assign the accounto group to the partner function SP in tcode VOPA (or VOPAN fron 4.7)

Regards

Roberto Mazzali