cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in alert configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done alert configuration following the steps in Michal's blog.

In the long text I'm getting all the fields as blank except SXMS_FROM_SERVICE.

Can anybody let me know why these fileds are blank.

Thanks

Sreenivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to SAP Note : 913858 . There is a specific Question addressed to the exact issue.

<i><b>Q2: Why does the container variable SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE (SXMS_TO_INTERFACE) display the wrong value?</b>

A2: This might happen when a message fails on the Adapter Framework. The Adapter Framework uses only one interface/namespace in contrast to the Integration Server which distinguishes between sender and receiver interfaces. When a message fails, the interface name is copied to the alert structure into the sender and receiver interface field, provided the corresponding sender/receiver service is known.</i>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

See this..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9418d690-0201-0010-85bb-e9b2c1af... -- How to setup alerts for monitoring in XI 3.0

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

All the best!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreenivas,

Where from are you sending the message to XI and what is the reason for the failure of message....

Is the sending system known to XI -- that is configured as a Business System / Service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Where do you get the error? If it is sender adapter, you can not get the other details, since the receiver and other details for a msg are found only after reaching Integration engine. Try to simulate a mapping error. You will get all the container elements filled.

Regards,

Jai Shankar