cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client Copy from PROD to QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to copy the production client to a test client in QAS. What we want to achieve out of it is -

1. We want to copy all the user master, all the client specific data, master data and the application data. Which profile should we choose ?

2. The application data that we want to copy should belong to a particular company code. Can we filter the data that needs to be copied based on the company code ? If this is not possible, then, can we filter the data to be copied based on the dates ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

NK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest doing a client export. Make sure you have enough space in your transport directory, but I have found that next to a database copy , this is the best way to move a client. Database copy is even better.

Use the SAP_ALL profile.

As for copying only certain data, it is very tricky as you need to know which tables are used, but if you do know the tables, you can use the R3trans program and script the export and import of the tables needed.

There are various notes on how to use R3trans and the fixes to known problems, but I strongly suggest the database copy method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have better experience with the client export to copy from PRD to QA when you have different machines for both of them.

As Gus says is very difficult to choose certain data to copy, since the master and application data are in different tables. I suggest you to just make a SAP_ALL export client and import and then to select the data you dont need and delete it in QA (through Archiving i.e.)

Good luck,

Jessica.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gus and Jessica. I'll do as you guys said.

Thanks again.

NK