cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System error during parallel processing: connection closed (no data)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Sometimes I get the following error message when the background job is running in SCM-APO/DP. The error is found in the Job log of the background job, and it seems that the job runs for a while and after sometime it stops(cancelled).

System error during parallel processing: connection closed (no data)

ABAP/4 processor: MESSAGE_TYPE_X

Job cancelled

Sometimes the job runs without any error message but other times I get the error as above. Could anyone let me know why this is happening and whats the solution fo this. I have this problem in the Production system. So your answers will be promptly rewarded. Thanks.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sebastian_goebel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

this normally happens when a report opens new parallel work processes and one of these parallel processes is canceled due to an error (e.g. TIME OUT). You should check if you have short dumps in transaction ST22 that are related to the canceled job (other than MESSAGE_TYPE_X).

Best regards,

Sebastian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian and Jagadeesh,

Thanks for your reply. Have awarded points to you.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

It actually hapens when you run a report with huge data, so as sebastian said it could be a time out ( message type : MESSAGE_TYPE_X ) . Also if possible checkout the work processes running at the time when you get these kind of errors. I think you can actually avoid such kind of errors by accessing less data ( make selection with less no of CVCs in job ).

Hope it helps you. If you found any reason for this pls let me know.

Regads,

Jagadeesh.

Pls reward points if it helps.