cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender CIDX adapter name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

Is the name of sender CIDX adapter constructed at runtime according to the template <Partner Role>”_”<direction>”_”<Action> or is it just the naming convention for the adapter?

I understand from <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/502041cfb7f423e10000000a155106/content.htm">Creating a Service</a> that service name is constructed at runtime according the conventione specified there.

My question is it same for adapter name as well?

If not which sender adapter and in turn which sender agrement is used at runtime? How is it determined?

I appreciate your inputs.

thx in adv

praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

The CIDX channel name (in your case the sender channel) does not have to comply to a particular naming convention... it's arbritrary, unlike the Service name as you mentioned.

The Sender Agreement is determined based on the message header data that comes with the message (e.g. Party, Service, Interface, Int. Namespace). In turn, since the CC is configured in the sender agreement, that's how the which CC to use is determined.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jin,

If I want to conifure receiver-dependent receiver determination, I understnad that I've to select <i>Sender Uses Virtual Receiver</i> check box and specify the receiver party and receiver service.

Should I be informing about these names: receiver party & receiver service to the Elemeica COP?

How are the virtual receiver party & service are handled at runtime? Are these derived from service header?

thanks for ur inputs

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>>>If I want to conifure receiver-dependent receiver determination, I understnad that I've to select Sender Uses Virtual Receiver check box and specify the receiver party and receiver service.</i>

Yes. But then in your receiver determination, you still configure the non-virtural business system that represents the receiver in your landscape - e.g. an R/3 system.

<i>>>>Should I be informing about these names: receiver party & receiver service to the Elemeica COP?</i>

Let me or someone else get back to you on that...

<i>>>>How are the virtual receiver party & service are handled at runtime? Are these derived from service header?</i>

The virtual receiver party and service gives you the option, as mentioned above, to configure the non-virtual receiver so that at runtime, the message gets routed to this receiver.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to use this forum for this post but I couldn't think of another way. Is this the same Jin that used to work with me at a particular poultry company in the "Bury" and then fell off the face of the earth? If so contact me at shaunjones@comcast.net.

Answers (0)