Former Member
0 Kudos

The type of questions which can be asked are :

-->Steps required to configure a scenario

-->Types of mapping

-->which all configurations you need to do in R/3 for an Idoc to file scenario

-->Questions regarding the interfaces you have worked on

-->Questions on adapters eg. Idoc , RFC etc

-->How to configure JDBC Adapter(Sender & Receiver)

-->Questions on Content conversion

-->Questions on BPM and the step types in BPM.

-->Questions on ALERTS. How to configure Alerts, alert rules, etc.

-->Architecture of XI.

Steps required to configure a scenario

1. Interface Determination-- RB_SPLIT and RB_CLASSIC, condtional Interface Determination

2. Receiver Determination -- Conditional Receiver Determination.

3. Sender / Receiver Agreement-- Why doesnt IDOC and HTTP have a sender agreement, etc.

Flow of how XI determines the configuration scenario

>>Types of mapping

1. Types of Java Mapping -- DOM and SAX Parser. Advantages and Disadvantages.

2. XSLT mapping

3. Graphical Mapping--

Questions on context change, standard functions in XI etc.

-->Questions on adapters

1. Which adpaters run on j2ee engine and which run on ABAP stack.

2. Use of each adapter

-->Questions on Content conversion

1. how and why is content conversion performed.

-->Questions on BPM and the step types in BPM.

1. Correlation

2. synch/asynch bridge

3. Collect pattern.

4. For each and par for each in a block

5. send synchronously and asynchronously.

6. Step types in BPM.

-->Questions on ALERTS.

1. How do u define Alert Category, rules, etc.

2. How do you test an Alert.

3. Alerts in a BPM

-->Architecture of XI.

1. How and what are the stacks available in XI

2. Need for datatype, message type, message interface, message mapping, interface mapping, etc.

3. Synch/ Asynch/ outbound/inbound/ abstract interfaces, etc.

How do you monitor your messages in XI.

1. What is the difference between the monitoring done on the RunTimeWorkBench and the one done using SXMB_MONI.

2. What is End to End Monitoring, Performance Monitoring, Cache Montioring etc.

3. What is a Business System, Technical System, Logical System, and other questions related to the System Landscape Directory

(SLD ).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm LINK TO SAP - XI LIBRARY

STEPS IN A SCENARIO:

First of all you would need to define your product, software component, business system and configure the technical landscape in the sld.

You then go on to create the objects in the repository, you import your software component here and then begin your design steps. To import your RFCs n Idocs if you require any before proceeding.

Then under the name space which you want, you go on to define your data types, message types and message interfaces.

Then you do your message mappings where you specify your source and target message types and the relation between them, then you do your interface mapping. If you are using a BPM, you do the integration process.

Once you have this done, you will have to move to the directory, here is where you define how you use the objects and how you configure them to work as a scenario.

You assign your business system to the configuration scenario which you have created, and create the communication channels. Then you go on to configure the receiver determination, interface determination, and the sender and receiver agreements. Once you’re done you will have make sure you activate your objects. The exact parameters steps depend on what kind of scenario you are implementing.

You can use sxmb moni or the runtime workbench to monitor the entire scenario which you have done.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the one /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/22/xi-faqs-provided-by-sap-updated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.Sravya.Thanks for the link.I checked this weblog longback.What I want is Real-Time FAQ's.If you have them, Please send them to me. Thank You..Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

do you mean these faqs?

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/22/xi-faqs-provided-by-sap-updated : FAQ's Provided by SAP</a>

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)</a>

Hope this help

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.Bersani.Thanks for the weblogs.I would appreciate if you can send me something in a Question and Answer format, which i can take a print out and study. Thank You..Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

if i've correctly understood your request i don't think there is something like you need.

But if you want i can give you some useful docs.

Regards,

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Can u send me some useful documents related to FAQ's.. If u send me it should apprisate to u...

Regards,

SReddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.Bersani.Thanks for the reply.Please send me the documents you were talking about.Anything regarding XI - FAQ'S will be fine. Thank You..Gowtham..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.Bersani.I forgot to give you my email id. my id is gowtham.vallabhaneni@gmail.com ..please send the documents to that id. Thank you..Gowtham

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions