Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SECURITY

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to transport a role from qa to prd i want detail procedure .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know where are you creating role in QAS or DEV ?

If you have created role in DEV and moved to QAS you will have a request number.

If you have already request number you can go to the PRD and import the request number.(T-Code STMS click on Production box)

You will be displayed with list of request numbers choose the request number them import.

The role will be in PRD.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Soma

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi khaiser,

T-code PFCG

1. Type role name or choose role name in the PFCG screen

Click on the Transport Button (Vehicle icon) or (CtrShiftF9).

You will move to next screen (Mass transport of role)

(Check for the check box for also transport the generated profiles of the single roles)

2. Click on Execute or F8

You will be prompted with message, acknowledge (click to continue).

You will go to next screen with option

User assignment (choose this if you want to transport users along with role) optional

Personalization (default checked) (don’t change)

Click on continue (correct icon button)

4.You will be prompted with

Prompt for Customizing request

Request (blank or previous request number)

Click on Create request

5.In the next screen

Enter short description

Then click on save button

6. You will be given a Request Number -

Click on continue (at this stage you have completed creating a request to transport)

7. Go to T-Code SE09

Click on F5 type the Request Number -

which is generated earlier

8. Now release the request

Once Released request

9. Go to QAS then import the request number which you have generated and released. (Check STMS configuration)

Now the Role is in QAS.

I hope this will help

Cheers

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know where are you creating role in QAS or DEV ?

If you have created role in DEV and moved to QAS you will have a request number.

If you have already request number you can go to the PRD and import the request number.(T-Code STMS click on Production box)

You will be displayed with list of request numbers choose the request number them import.

The role will be in PRD.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check this Link.

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/tutorials/transport_role.htm

As explained beutifully earlier by others it shd be easy for you to go ahead

Also in case u r unable to find the related request in QAS go to SE03 and cllick search objects in transport requests put R3TR ACGR in the field and the role name in the blank. An execute. u shd get the related TR easily,. Then import ahead to next systemns

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi soma i have to move the role to prd .Can u please explain me in detail.I will appreciate your answer.

Regards

Khaiser

0 Kudos

Hi,

First let me know where are you creating the role in Development(DEV) or Quality (QAS).

Based on this I can tell you how to move the role.

Steps:

1. If the role is already moved to Quality (QAS) please check for the Transport request number.

2. Type T-Code STMS click on the (truck icon) left corner on the menu)

3. You will be shown with list of boxes

Queue Description Requests Status

(DEV, QAS, PRD, Etc..)

4. Double click on Production box (PRD).

5. You will be displayed with list of Transport Request numbers

Requests for PRD

6. Click (Ctrl+F5) or seacrh button

7. Type the request number (You will be taken to the reuquest number)

8. Select the request (if the request status is green (last you will be displayed with green light button) you can import if it is trinagle icon then it mean its already improted) If its already imported re-check your request number

9. Click on the menu Request you will have the option as import (Ctrl+ F11) in the drop down menu)

10. Once you click it starts importing once imported you can see the role in the PRD.

I hope you are clear. If you still need any clarification let me know where are you struck I will explain in deatail in that context.

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

hI Soma,

The role is in qas and i have to move it to prd ,i have the request number.Please tell me the procedure to move it to prd.

Thanks

Regards

Khaiser.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute T-Code STMS

You will be prompte with list of boxes.

Double click on Production box (PRD).

You will be displayed with list of Transport Request numbers

Requests for PRD

. Click (Ctrl+F5) or seacrh button

. Type the request number (You will be taken to the reuquest number)

. Select the request (if the request status is green (last you will be displayed with green light button) you can import if it is trinagle icon then it mean its already improted) If its already imported re-check your request number

. Click on the menu Request you will have the option as import (Ctrl+ F11) in the drop down menu)

Once you click it starts importing once imported you can see the role in the PRD.

I hope you are clear. If you still need any clarification let me know where are you struck I will explain in deatail in that context.

Cheers

Soma