cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert setup and subscription

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up alerts towards our go-live implemetation. I set up the alert categories in ALRTCATDEF and created the rules in RWB. Then on clicking "Subscribe" in the alert inbox to subscribe the rule,I am getting the following error..

What has happened?

The URL http://edsess500.kfor.net:8010/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertsubscription/subscribe.htm was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system EXT : Field symbol has not yet been assigned.

The error occurred on the application server edsess500_EXT_10 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Form: RENDER_HIDDEN_FIELDS of program CL_HTMLB_TABLEVIEW============CP

Form: IF_HTMLB_ELEMENT_DELEGATED~DO_AT_END of program CL_HTMLB_TABLEVIEW============CP

Form: DELEGATED_END of program CL_HTMLB_ELEMENT==============CP

Form: IF_BSP_ELEMENT~DO_AT_END of program CL_HTMLB_TABLEVIEW============CP

Form: ONLAYOUT of program CLO27HOW2SJXSGZG11297VJ2A1OESCP

Form: %_ONLAYOUT of program CL_O27HOW2SJXSGZG11297VJ2A1OESCP

Form: DO_REQUEST of program CL_BSP_PAGE===================CP

Form: ON_REQUEST of program CL_BSP_RUNTIME================CP

Form: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_EXT_BSP===============CP

Form: EXECUTE_REQUEST_FROM_MEMORY of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

I am aware that the ALERTSUBSCRIPTION is a BSP program but it loks like it searching for a service ALERTSUBSCRIPTION. Upon analysis in SICF there is no service ALERTSUBSCRIPTION and it cannot be created(the name is too long to be a service name). I am just puzzled about this.

Aren't alert categories and rules not enough to display alerts in the inbox?? or is any settings need to done in the integration engine config like "PMI_MONITORING"..I mean something similar...

Also in order to do subcription for some categories there need to authoriazations set. What authorizations are these and do they need to be set in the authorizations tab in alertcategory setup??

Anybody faced a similar problem??

-Teresa

Message was edited by: Teresa Smith

Message was edited by: Teresa Smith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

thanks for the reply.. I scheduled the job you suggested and also the SCOT.. If raise the alert from BPM I am getting mails... but if there is a plain interface which is running and generates the error, we are not getting any alerts nor mails.

We subcribed the alert category in the Alert Inbox and also made the Alert rule very generic.

I have a Basic Question like, do we need CCMS for raising Alerts in XI message processing.

Thanks in advance

Sujan

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujan,

It's a Basic Question, but i think it's not easy to answer "basic"..

As I have figured out, it depends on where the error happens.

1) If the error happens in the Integration Server (Routing, mapping, BPM) the answer i think is no.

2) If the error is happening in the Adapter Framework, the optional J2SE-Adapter or you want to trigger an error from the J2EE-engine itself, the answer is Yes.

(Sending CCMS-Alerts to the Alert-framework se SAP-Note 617547)

Hope this helps, or maybe there is another out there that has a better answer to this.....

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf and Sujan,

Thank you for your great posts. I have followed each and every steps as per your recommendations, but we get stalled in subscription when the ALERTSUBSCRIPTION bsp fails due to logon data. But its a certified user with all roles provided. We have raised an OSS ticket regarding this but even SAP is not giving positive responses. Since I am not able to subsribe an alert rule to a category, I am not able to get my alerts to work..

Will keep you guys posted and any ideas are welcome..

-Teresa

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

I just wondering if you can se any alerts in transaction ALRTDISP ? If so, you can se a "status" and who receives the alert..

But of curse your ALERTSUBSCRIPTION bsp should work, but maybe you can do a workaround by adding your userid as "Fixed recipient" in transaction ALRTCATDEF on your alerts. (By using the subscription the system is updating the fixed recipients list, so it's the same, i think).

-Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

My ALRTDISP is showing no entries for the alerts but I can see the alerts in the ALERT config of RWB. Its so weird. I did set up fixed recepients in alert category definition. But I guess the subscription failure is not recognizing my alert. I tried to run ALRTSUBSCR and still caught an exception error..These setups looks totally weird..

Any ideas guys..

-Teresa

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa

I don't know if you have solved your problem, I hope so....

But the only thing i can think of now, is checking the ICF-services.

Some services are de-activated when you upgrade/patch the J2EE, and must be reactivated afterwards.

So try check up the services mentioned in the Configuration Guide (Chapter 15 in SR1 Conf. Guide) or simply run program RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES (would only activate services not active yet, thereby it's harmless to run again).

SAP Note 768456 could also be worth checking up.

Or is your problem solved by now ?

-Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you set the subscription? I am running into a similar issue. I cannot subscribe to the alert Category. It just shows me an empty list.

I checked that my id does have "SAP_XI_MONITOR" role. Not sure what you meant when you said adding this role to the category.

Thanks

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was their ever a resolution to this?

I have tried many things in many of the alert postings and blogs, but I still do not see my alert categories as options to subscribe to. My alert inbox subscription area is empty.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

did you go to transaction ALRTCATDEF, select your alert category and pressed button "Aubscription Authorization" then added a new line with SAP_XI_MONITOR or any role your user id has assigned?

If yes and you still can't see your category in the subscription tab, i would open up an OSS message.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Most of the material talk about authorizations need to be set up for the subscribe function to work. I also have set up fixed recepients in the alert category definition. Am I missing something?

-Teresa

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Did you set up a subscription authorization on the alert categorie ?

As I remember there must be a least on role added to the alert categorie before it will work.

As example add the role "SAP_XI_MONITOR" to the alert categorie, and if you have this authorization you can subscribe to this alert....

Hope it help's you

-Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a similar kind of problem but I did the following and not able to get alerts.

My aim is get alerts and send mails in case of any error while message processing in Integration Server for a interface combination.

>Created alert categories and gave my user id in fixed receipients

>Specified the Role Assignement to one my role.

>Created Alert Rules for the inteface combination

>I configured the rule for any kind of error that is * in the error category and component is Integration Engine.

>Subscribed to the alert category in alert inbox

When any mapping error occured in Message Processing I am not seeing any alert raised.

Am i missing any thing. Thanks in advance

Regards

Sujan

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you schedule the job/program SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET on a regular base ?

And to get a mail-alert the mail-setup (transaction SCOT) has to be customized, a sendjob scheduled, and the user(s) maintained to receive the mail-alert from the alert framework must have a mail address maintained in the user-master. The maintained alert-user (sender of the mail-alert) must also have a mail-address maintained in the user-master.

-Rolf