cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating global unique ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MDM there is an auto ID that generates a number for every record that is imported in MDM. We want to have a Global ID for the records of the same customer number imported from diferent systems (legacy or/and SAP) with the import manager and match and merge them using this ID in Data manager and return the merged record back to their original systems through the syndicator.

The Global ID should be unique and should not change. MDM ID auto changes with every new record. The Global Unique Id should only change if the customer number changes but remain the same with the previous Global Unique ID of an existing customer in MDM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the Key Mapping feature of MDM to achieve this.

Please refer to Page 243 of Console Reference Guide.

This way you can link the Remote Key and the MDM Object Key.

You will be able to syndicate the Remote Keys based on the Client System using the Syndicator.

Example: In System A, the customer may be identified as "Cust1".

In System B, the same customer may be identified as "Cust 2"

In MDM it may be identified as "Cust_MDM1".

Key mapping will maintain these relationships.

So, when Syndicating to System A, you will continue to sysndicate with the number that is recognizable in System A.

Hope this helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried this option by setting up the key mappingin Console through the Admin -> Client system -> setting up the various systems.

I noticed that when I merged the records from two different systems by concatenating the different customer numbers and export them them through the syndicator it will not split the concatenated customer number according to their sending systems.

I want a situation that through the unique number I can merge duplicate records and export them to their original system.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcellinus,

As per ur requirement, u can proceed in the following manner:

1. Create a two clone field of customer id and do the following mappings

clone field1 --> global id field.

clone field2 --> customer id

original customer id --> remote key

if required u can set conversion filter also for global id field.

2. For matching and merging u can use this global id field and after merging .

3. While syndicating data using syndicator ,map the remote key field with the destination customer id field.Thus using remote key u can syndicate back the original customer numbers even if u have concatenated the customer numbers.

Hope it will help you.Let me know the result.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant dixit</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I match and merge records they disappear, only the merged record is seen but the records that were used in the merging disappear. Is there any way I can keep these records or see them.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcellinus,

I think there is not any way using which u can see merged records as when we merge two or more records,old records get deleted and a new record gets created.Remote keys of all the records which are merged get appended to the new record.

Thus using remote key u can keep track of which records from which client systems were merged and whenever you need, can syndicate back the customer id of corresponding client as per his nomenclature using the remote key applied.

Hope it will help you.Let me know the result.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can any one help with the above question.