cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Data from a Flat File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to Upload data from a Flat File to the MDS. I have a few questions on the Process.

a) XI would be the Interface, and one end would be a file adapter with the Flat File format. On the other end, which Interface should I use - ABA Business Partner In or MDM Business Partner In. I do not understand the differences between them and where should which one be used?

B) At the moment,I want to map the data to standard Object type, Business Partner BUS1006. This also has a staging area already defined in the System. Can I view the data which is imported into the Staging area ? How so ?

C) The struture (or data) that I wish to upload has few fields, and does not map to the BP structure easily. In such a scenario does it make sense to

Create a new Object type

(ii) Create a new Business Partner type with the appropriate fields only ..

What I need to know is if either of these options is feasible and what are the pros & cons of doing this, in terms of effort, skillset & interaction with SAP Development ?

Kindly do reply if you have any answers to these questions.

Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have been informed as follows:

Ref. a)

Depends on the release level: MDM 2.00 uses MDMBusinessPartnerIn, MDM 3.00 ABABusinessPartnerIn

Ref. b)

Staging objects can only be displayed indirectly. To do this, a process with type 'deferred inbound' must be started which processes the object. The object can then be displayed in the process monitor (Transaction PC_D_MONI):

- Select process

- Click process step 'Read inbound message (or "read inbox)'

- Identify the object

-> The last column of the object line contains a button to display the object

Ref. c)

Depends basically on whether the given object is a BP or not, (i.e. if it is to be matched against BP).

- If so, you can only use object type BUS1006 with the corresponding XI interface. Additional fields can be added using the Easy Enhancement Workbench.

- If not, you can model the object using the MDF.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have tried uploading some dats from a Flat file to the Business Partner Onject type, BUS1006. I initially got some ABAP Parsing errors on the MDM side, but after correcting that, I find my message triggers a short dump - with the Method SET_OBJECTKEYS, not finding any keys in the BP structure that has been created.

Q1 - How do I get around this problem ? Is it necessary for me to specify Keys in the PartyID node of the Interface ABABusinessPartnerIn. or is it something else ?

Q2 - How is this general process supposed to work? I would assume that for staging, I would get incomplete Master data or data from flat files, which need not neccesarily contain keys. The aim is to use the matching strategies in the CI to identify duplicates and consolidate them.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Gaurav

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I think the best way to get real expert input on that is to write an OSS message. This is surely the quickest and the appropriate communication channel about any such specific issues.

Kind regards,

Markus