Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match up header and lineitems (XI 2.0)

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

XI 2.0

SAP R/3 46C

• I tried to space these XML structures but the spacing does not properly take in this forum

(Outbound - XI defined structure)

<DATA>

<DOCUMENT> <-- 1 .. unbounded

<DATE/>

<COMPANY/>

<LINEITEM> <-- 1 .. unbounded

<DETAILTEXT/>

<AMOUNT/>

</LINEITEM>

</DOCUMENT>

</DATA>

(Inbound - ABAP remotely enabled function)

<TABLE1>

<REC/>

<DATE/>

<COMPANY/>

<TABLE2>

<REC/>

<DETAILTEXT/>

<AMOUNT/>

We've come to realize that we are not able to create a function in R/3 that is remotely enabled with a structure to match the Inbound structure listed above (structure with structures in it). Our SAP R/3 system throws an error when we remotely enable the function. We may be able to achieve something like this if we were using SAP ERP and generate ABAP Proxies but we are on version 46C.

We've had to create two tables in the receiving ABAP function, TABLE1 (header) and TABLE2 (lineitems). The record being sent to us has no unique key in the header information unless we built one by concatenating a few of the fields from the header. This would not be a preferred method for us as there is still be a possibility that we could end up with a duplicate. We thought it would be nice to pull the current record index from XI as it is processing and push that number to the 'REC' field in the header (TABLE1) and subsequent matching lineitems (TABLE2). I have been unable to find a way to do this in XI.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of another way to get around this problem? Perhaps there may be some other way to have SAP R/3 use the structure we're trying to use .. ?

thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

I figured it out

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After more than 2 years

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

haha!

That was a time-consuming quarrel, indeed!

Back in the dev lab times, when several guys were standing behind another guy's chair, looking at his monitor, we would say that it was either a really pretty lady or a really ugly bug.

Regards,

Henrique.