Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denying Sales/Purch doc creation on partners from EMBARGOed countries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Is there a way to control, in the Standard R3 (may be in Foreign trade module):

a) Restricting, the creation of Master data of New customer/Vendor, who belong to an Embargoed country,

b) Restricting the Creation of Sales/Purchase orders, for an existing customer/Vendor, whose country is Emabargoed,

c) Is there a way to setup a Denied Party list, and restrict the Import/Export to this Vendor/ Cusomer ?

Thanks Very much

Prasad

Singapore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

All your 3 requirements can be met w/ GTS. You need only the Compliance Management solution to be configured for your current requirement.

Pls let me know if you need further details.

Thx

Sathees G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In "xk05",you can block thevendor for a particular company code and in the company code definition,we generally put a country name.

Reward points if it works for you.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish/ Karan

I am not convinced with your information, though you have rightly identified how to block a customer or a vendor. but if you see, in any organization there is one specific group for Import and Export, they will not take responsibility to do a touch a master data , as it is not within their responsibility areas,

They only look into legal requirements and procedures., so if a country went into an Embargoed list, they will expect the Sale Order created for customers of that country not to be delivered, or if a particular customer is a part of a denied party list which they maintain as they keep an online interaction with Goverment bodies for compliance management.. Later the order details should be explicitely reviewd by them,

so need to figure out a way to auto block the sales or purchase document incase of a trade compliance issue, and send a Audit report to the import export for the blocked sales orders , which they will review.

So Customer / Vendor block may not fit into this requirement completely.

please let me know if there is any specifc setup in Foreign trade module that can help the above requirement (or may be it is not possible in R3 ? need to depend on GTS ?... ).

cheers

Prasad

Singapore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this would help, but these are something I found on a different forum

+++++++++++++++++++++++

help box that described this check happens at the item level. I did not have the item category in my document set for an export check. This is in configuration in the Foreign Trade Data section under legal control and then document control at the item level. You must turn this on for each item category that you want checked.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Something more:-

+++++++++++++++++++

For this You have just switch on the indicator embargo nation in VE53 & also enable the item category by making the required stting in Legal control Data.

+++++++++++++++++++.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can block existing customer for SO, Delivery and Billing using VD05

Ashish