cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI : NW2004S SP10:Unable to assign SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION to user SAPJSF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have setup ABAP Server as the datasource for the USER.

We are setting up MI on NW2004's SP10 and i am trying to assign the Group SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION to user SAPJSF in NW administrator using user J2EE_ADMIN.

However when i save the assignment, i get an error indicating that the user is not authorized to assign one or more entities.

I have added NW admin roles to the j2ee_admin user, but it hasnt helped.

I had also tried going around by creating the SAPJSF user in the ABAP server side and assign the same role to the user and have generated the same.I have also re-started the J2EE instance after that,However the same was not reflected back on the java instance.

Any help would be rewarded..:)

Thanks

Narasimhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Narasimhan,

I am having the same problem. I want to create uses in java side. But SAPJSF does not have the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION. I saw your note about ABAP Client 001, what is that? I don;t know much about that. Can you please provide me steps on how to assing the SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION role to user SAPJSF.?

Viji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viji,

I am guessing you have both the Java and abap stack installed on the same instance, if so then You would need to do the assignment in the ABAP end not the JAVA system. Log on to the ABAP client associated to the Java system and assign the user to that role. Please use transaction SU01 to assign the roles to the user or have your security team / basis team do the same for you.

If the user SAPJSF does not exists in the reference client,please copy and create the same from the default 001 client. When you move over to the quality or the Production enviroinment, please request your basis team to copy the system users (All SAP* users) from the default client 001 to the ABAP client after creation of the client.

Since this question has been answered, please create a New question so that everyone could help you in resolving your issues and it isnt misleading to them.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were able to swap the ABAP client back to client 100,inorder to take advantage of the ABAP users created in client 100. We had to create the J2EE admin, guest and the communication user in the ABAP client 100 and assign them the appropriate roles.Once we did this, we were able to assign the ABAP 100 client in the UME engine, along with the communication user that was created in the 100 client SAPJSF_<SID>. Once assigned in the ume, the j2ee engine started successfully and we were able to see the same users in the j2ee engine.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Narasimhan,

SAPJSF is a system user. You generally don't fiddle around with System users

Can u explain about your scenario why you should need those authorizations for SAPJSF user?

Regards

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Yes, I understand that.Just did that as the last option.

However,I just fixed it. Actually, I was trying to assign the Role in ABAP client 100.The user existed in ABAP master client 001. Once i the Generated the profile for the role in client 001, assigned the same to user SAPJSF, did a user comaprision on the role and then restarted the java instance, i now have the option to create users on the java side.

My r3 Master client on the UME engine is set to 001.

Basically i am trying to configure the mobile administarotor and am trying to create the Admin users with the neccessary profiles.In order to create users on the Java side, the communications user(With ABAP ) SAPJSF will have to have the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION . The role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO is assigned by default during installation.I had been looking at client 100 in the ABAP side all along.

Is this right?

Thanks

Narasimhan