cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapccm4x agent registration fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i am trying to set up/register a ccm4x agent for monitoring, as it is unicode and our system just converted to unicode, error i get is:

<i>ERROR: Monitoring segment belongs to central system <CEN_SID>

CCMS agent SAPCCM4X may only be run for remote segments that do not belong to central system <CEN_SID></i>

suppose it's not linked to any patch, as i could not find a workable solution/description at the SAP marketplace. Maybe the whole answer is in the error message, but anyhow,

sapccmsr and sapcm3 agents work out fine on the same HW, so.. Any help for a workaround greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solution found, i'll try to answer and summarize,

as to the monitoring infractructure, we keep running those cm3agents just to help us with parameters the system can't get on its own as for example Archive DIR freespace for a DB on a different IP (even though on same HW )as the Central instance.

They then get sent along with other CCMS info periodically to an external monitoring agent (that's as far as i get understanding it). CEN is thus each Central instance system.

Advised solution we got for now is to use an agent cm3x from the Solution Manager (weird, isn't it ?) support packages, which supports unicode.

i guess all this hassle is just about our specific way of monitoring those systems, i can end this thread, as tis not a general case config of monitoring .

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to all .thanks for trying to help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the point is, the agent should stay on the same system + becoming unicode compliant, we have external monitoring that used to work with sapcm3 agents on each respective system. do we have to readjust and create a central monitoring SID just because of the new agent version? I just hope not.

I am also trying to find a unicode sapcm3x solution, that would perhaps solve our situation. Again thanks for any help on this.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide how your landscape details about 2 things:

Which system is your Central System.

Which systems are being monitored by the Central System.

Also can you paste the content of your CSMCONF file, this is the configuration file for CCMS Agents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like you are running SAPCCM4X in CEN system. You have to run this on the child systems to get connected to CEN system.

Thanks

Prince Jose