Did you mean: 

WDRuntimeException: Instance of interface view controller .. does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actual Version : Netwaever 2004s/SPS9

7.0.09 WebDynpro Studio

i have a big problem within my WD Project:

- There is a WebDynpro Component Interface "ApplicationControlCompI" within there is a "MessageInterfaceView"

with a "OutStartApplicationPlug" defined who is exposed as Public Part!

- Then i created a WebDynpro Component called "ApplicationControlComp" for the implementation.

- Then i implemented the "ApplicationControlCompI" that creates the Interface View "MessageInterfaceView" and the Window "Message".

- Then i created my "MessageView" who is place inside the Window.

- In the "MessageInterfaceView" i add a Plug "InStartApplicationControl" as StartUpPlug and i create the Application "ApplicationControl" with that.

- In my "MessageView" in the init() Methode i put the line

wdThis.wdGetMessageInterfaceViewController().wdFirePlugOutStartApplication();

who should start the OutboundPlug of my Interface View and i was also referncing the "MessageInterfaceView" Controller!

Also i bind the View to the component controller!

Then i was building and deploying my Application. Now when i run my Application it should fire the "PlugOutStartApplication" of the Interface View

and logically reporting the

WDRuntimeException: Cannot navigate from view SubCompInterfaceView because it is not part of the current view assembly

but he don’t find the instance of the Interface View with the following

methode in the Class:

<b>InternalMessageView.java</b>

getPublicInterface("getPublicInterface") returns null

/** outgoing controller usage */
  public ch.admin.appl.comp.iface.impl.wdp.IPublicMessageInterfaceView wdGetMessageInterfaceViewController() {
    return
      (ch.admin.appl.comp.iface.impl.wdp.IPublicMessageInterfaceView)
        wdAlterEgo
          .getComponentGCI()
           .getPublicInterface("MessageInterfaceView");
  }

it is strange, that this simple example has allready worked fine, but after while i worked on the component something has forced this error.

Has anyone had the same problem, is maybe a Bug in the NWDS?

Any help will be rewarded with points...

thanks

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the message but it is not the solution, because there is the vie "MessageView" inside!

<b>The error who appears is: WDRuntimeException: Instance of interface view controller "MessageInterfaceView" does not exist.</b>

when i check in Debug mode the Hash Map of "interfaceViewControllers" there is nothing, so in the Java Class "Component" he don't find the Interface Controller.

thanks

Vince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no instance of the SubCompInterfaceView when you are firing the plug, i.e. the view is not visible. Hence the error.

Try this:

1. Right-click on the Message window and select "Embed View".

2. Select the SubCompInterfaceView.

Regards,

Satyajit.