cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop on Behalf of and roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to allow user <b>A</b> to shop on behalf only for <b>manager B</b>.

So I change attributes in ppoma_bp and add the secretary role to <b>A</b>.

What I get? The shope screen whith the possiblity for <b>A</b> to shop for <b>B</b>, but <b>A</b> have to select <b>B</b> manually even if in PPOMA_BBP I flaged manager <b>B</b> as default in attribute REQUESTOR.

Otherwise I don't to allow<b> A</b> to shop in his only to shop on behalf manager <b>B</b>.

hope it's clear,

thank you,

joseph

Message was edited by:

joseph fryda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mr_stirfry
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi joseph -

hum, no one wants to respond to your posting i see. sorry if i'm missing something, but what is the question and what kind of issue are you encountering?

flagging the default attribute can be flaky at times in the system. like those drop-down fields actually display the last used values not all the possible values, so you sometimes have to go to the drop-down options '...' to get to the rest of the values. that can also affect the flagged default. you have to select it first and when the system stores that history (like after you hit the Order button...system only stores after a certain point of time/action), then next time you go back, for instance to Shop, the value is defaulted. somewhat flaky non-intuitive that way.

laters,

stirfry...today is 'beef'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stirfry,

(seems you like beef)

1- If I assign more than on Requestor in attribute REQUESTOR and flag one as default, I'm expecting to see this one appear first in the field SHOP FOR. If the system make me search for the default user, something wrong...I think....

2- Wich role should I assign to make the user able to be SECRETARY? I add the role SAP_EC_BBP_SECRETARY (only this role) but I get dump.

thank you

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implement badi BBP_DOC_CHANGE with function BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES to read and select default REQUESTER from PPOMA and default it in the SC.

Of course, this will not default requester value in the user settings but it can be an alernative solution.

Kind regards,

Yann

mr_stirfry
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello joseph -

excuse while i have to go off memory, been evaluating (painfully) the next release of srm.

1 - yes, there are some flaws in the system. debugged the system since ebp 3.0. give it a shot. thought that is what i had to do with your release. i suppose you can force feed the system like Yann suggest, but the BBP_DOC_CHANGE BADI is known for it's performance issue...thus the reason why SAP freakin' changed it in SRM 5.0 to limit it to a single SC line item...of course it would have been better if SAP change it like BBP_DOC_CHECK BADI where there is now two in SRM 5.0 (one will all SC line items and one that sends the SC line item currently being edited). go figure.

2 - Oh what kind of dump? Can you post the trans: st22 dump?

just some fyi...

also, see

older releases of EBP/SRM had the separate transaction for Shop on Behalf only, but not the later releases.

stirfry..today is 'vegetable'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is the dump

Runtime Errors UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Exception CX_BBP_ES_INTERNAL_ERROR

Date and Time 21.12.2006 16:25:50

Short text

An exception occurred that was not caught.

What happened?

The exception 'CX_BBP_ES_INTERNAL_ERROR' was raised, but it was not caught

anywhere along

the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not

adequately responded to, the running ABAP program

'CL_BBP_ES_EMPLOYEE_MYS========CP' has to be

terminated.

mr_stirfry
Explorer
0 Kudos

ahhhhh, that looks like one of those generic dump message. when do you get this dump? when you click on shop or when you try to select the shop on behalf? sorry, i should have asked that.

well, have to figure out what is going on with this user. couple of things you can try:

1. if dump occurs during when you clicked on the shop transaction, then try assigning the user with the same role(s) as a user that is working to isolate the problem is if it is just the role or if that secretary role may need additional authorization, potentially.

2. log on as that user in the SRM GUI and then /n and then transaction: BBPSC01. right after the the dump occurs do an SU53 to see if you are getting an authorization dump.

thanks,

stirfry...today is 'vegetable'

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1- if add the employee role its OK. But I was thinking that if I add the standard Role SECRTARY it will be ok, no additional authorization to perform...

2- I will try it later and keep you updated.

thank you

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The role secretary seems to have less authorizations than the employee one.

You should investigate.

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (0)