cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message stuck in Adapter engine with DELIVERING status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts - I am processing around 300 messages at a time for ABAP Proxy to XI to JDBC(SQL stored procedure) scenario.

Initial around 10 messages got processed successfully but rest all 290 got stuck in Adapter engine. Out of 290 stuck messages , I see 4-5 with DELIVEZRING status and rest all are with TO BE DELIVERED status.

The message with DELIVERING status is not processing and not even Erroring out. Adapter is not even making connection to SQL when I monitor the activities in SQL. This message is just stuck in there and here is the MDT tool's Audit log about this message:

*********************************************************************************************

2006-12-19 13:27:53 Success The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Profile: XI URL: <URL details>

2006-12-19 13:27:53 Success Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2006-12-19 13:27:53 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2006-12-19 13:28:39 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2006-12-19 13:28:39 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2006-12-19 13:28:39 Success Delivering to channel: RECEIVER_JDBC_MRI_OUTBOUND_PR1

2006-12-19 13:28:39 Success Receiver JDBC adapter: processing started; QoS required: ExactlyOnce

2006-12-19 13:28:53 Success JDBC adapter receiver channel RECEIVER_JDBC_MRI_OUTBOUND_PR1: processing started; party , service MRI

*********************************************************************************************

Any clue ?? pls advice.

Cheers,

Amrish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrish,

I have exactly the same problem. Messages are getting stucked in Adapter Engine. Is this problem solved? How was it solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in SMQ1 and SMQ2 to see if there is anything holding up the queue.

Also check this blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply .

All the messages have successfully processed through Integration Engine but stuck in Adapter engine. That is the reason I do not see any message stuck in SMQ1 and SMQ2 (Integration Engine's queue). I checked however and nothing stuck in there.

Cheers,

Amrish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amrish,

Check in Adapter monitoring if the JDBC adapter is properly initiated and has no problems. If everything is correct you will see a green light with the last message processed time other wise it will tell u about the errors.

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thatz Green Naveen and I see No Errors anywhere .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your problem is probably connected to one of the adapter parameters maximal connections. You can find it either in communication channel or other j2ee settings (visula admin or administration)

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankfs Wojciech, but how do I resolve this ? Where I can check this setting ?

I do not see anything in Receiver JDBC adapter for this type of thing . I have put Conflict resolution = Redo

Number of retries of database transaction on SQL error = 0

Transaction Isolation level = Default

Databse Auto-Commit-Enabled=Checked

Disconnect from Database after processing each message=Checked (since, if Unchecked then it was causing deadlocks at SQL Db stored procedure while running)

Pls advice.

Cheers,

Amrish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this blog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

and try to change this settings:

Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI.

I can't remember now where was this maximal connections.

Regards,

Wojciech