cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Replication using BBPGETVD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm on SRM 5.0 with 2 different back-ends.

I have done vendor replication for the first back-end without any problem.

Now I'm starting with second one but in BBPGETVD I'm getting the error:

"No org. units maintained as purch. organizations."

I have:

1. Created Organization plan, assigning to an Organization Unit to the Purch. Org. I want to replicate.

2. Maintained number ranges for BP

2. Replicated locations using standard report

3. Created vendor group using PPOCV_BBP

I'm sure it's something very stupid but l cannot find it..

Can you give me an hint??

Thanks

#Bill J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just have to maintain correctly a purch org in your customer structure (not the vendor structure) !

In BBPGETVD, you will have to enter the purch org number (example 5000000010)

All the replicated vendor will have this purch org filled in the BBPMAININT .

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

thanks for your fast reply. I don't know if I get exactly your point.

I maintained Purchasing Organization in PPOMA_BBP, but the Organizational Object for Vendor asked in the BBPGETVD is not this one (coming from PPOMA_BBP) but the Vendor Group defined in PPOCV_BBP since I'm on SRM 5.0.

In fact if I insert the Org. Unit coming from PPOMA it is not recognizing it.

Any other suggestion/check I can do?

Thanks

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Quick but wrong reply i must be a little tired ...:))

The node ID is the one from vendor top node (ex: 50000009)

You have to enter the backend purch org value (if classic or ECS scenario) in the corresponding field (from purch org.... to purch org....).

For local scenario, do not fill purch org values and flag the "without purch org..."

You must ensure that the vendor you want to replicate do have a purchasing view in ECC with the same pruch org value as in SRM.

Kind regards,

Yann

mr_stirfry
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sounds like you might be referencing something in the selection screen of BBPGETVD incorrectly that is causing the error. Help me out here because I currently do not have access to SRM 5.0 where I am at right now, but I did work with it as well as worked with SAP to fix one of the conversion step issues that is part of SRM 5.0 as we all know that was one of the major changes in SRM 5.0. What are the values you entered on that selection screen?

you are correct that in SRM 5.0 that there are two orgs now: one for your chart of authority (PPOSA_BBP/PPOMA_BBP) and one for your vendors PPOSV_BBP/PPOMV_BBP...previous EBP/SRM release they were combined in one transaction in SRM PPOSA_BBP/PPOMA_BBP. with SRM 5.0 there is now PPOSV_BBP/PPOMV_BBP for the Vendor Org...though, you mentioned PPOCV_BBP (Create)...which concerns me on maintenance, but it might be ok with what you are doing depending on what it is. If you are doing vendor replication then the system natually creates the 'Dxxxxxxx...' nodes under the Vendor Root node (which is what you should be specifying in transaction BBPGETVD). If you notice, SAP creates several random D nodes and this is due to performance issues. If you stray from this and specify a Vendor node or Vendor rather than the Vendor root, then when you open the node it could take a long time to expand. I have seen and it is quite scare when people don't know what they are doing with vendor replication where they create Vendor nodes within Vendor nodes and even scarier Vendor within Vendors (which was an OSS Note fix that the Vendor conversion for SRM 5.0 did not catch during an upgrade conversion). This vendor conversion during an upgrade specifically catches these unique creations of Vendor structure in test mode and outputs the warnings/errors (the described above offenses will not let you do a vendor conversion) and at prevents you from doing the Vendor Org Conversion required in SRM 5.0 ...now, how does this apply to you...it's just an FYI on be careful how you create and maintain the vendor org. in SRM. I mention the conversion program because SAP does expect the Vendor structure to be handled a certain way (thus, the errorsduring conversion), but if you are not doing a conversion (like a new implementation) or just after the fact, then skies the limit how this org is maintained.

Typically, you enter the System and Vendor Root Org. Unit. If you are getting some strange POrg error, are you putting in some criteria other than the previously mentioned?

regards,

stirfry...today is 'beef'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stirfry,

I was having the same problem as Bill, then i went to transaction code ppocv_bbp and created the root for vendors and replicated my vendors successfully.As it was giving me error when using ppoma_bbp.

thanks