cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install NWDI on NW04S SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are on nw04s sp9 and NOT using NWDI. Looks like for caf development we have to use NWDI. So have the following quetions:

1) Can I install NWDI on the same machine as my EP?

2) Does NWDI have its own SLD configuration since we do not maintain a cental SLD server.

Thanks.

Asheesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

1) In principle yes, but central builds and source code management can put some heavy load onto that machine. Autodeployment requires separate servers, so if you want to autodeploy from NWDI onto your EP is it advisable not to use the same machine.

2) SLD is used by NWDI to store information about software components, dependencies and name reservation for development components. Having one (separate) SLD for the development infrastructure should pose no problems.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

We don't have a very heavy usage of the EP development box so might put NWDI there. Also, is SLD installed as part of the NWDI install. Is SLD even required for NWDI.

0 Kudos

Hi,

SLD is installed as part of J2EE engine installation. Yes SLD is required for NWDI because all the components of JDI (CMS, CBS, DTR) store some information in the SLD.

You also require SLD for creating Product and SWC Versions which are required for development tracks.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

Can you kindly let us know if there is any document that SAP has suggested to Put NWDI and SLD on a separate box. Actually we are Customizing XSS(600) and with my experience we had issues before and had setup NWDI +SLD on a separate box. But the Client is asking proof of a document that SAP is recommending to have on a different box.

-Shekhar.

0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Please go through notes 754143 and 737368. I believe in these notes you may find what you are looking for.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (0)